1 hour ago, tsolomon said:

Bicycle riders who want the same rights as cars, but then ride through stop signs and red lights and pass cars that are sitting in line to get to the front.

And ride in packs 3 or 4 abreast because it's 'safer' - of course it's much safer to force drivers to overtake in the other lane (unless they want to finish their journey at 15mph) rather than just passing in the same lane.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intolerance. I can’t stand it.

Pet peeve #1: People.   That is all.

I have a unique one to add; big sinks with short faucets.  

7 hours ago, TNT009 said:

People that consistently show up with no cigars, but accept gifted ones.. 

See, I’ve got the opposite problem. People always give me cigars in return but they’re always NCs. I’ve got a whole desktop humidor of them now. I forget who gave me what so I can’t regift them.....might give one back to the guy who originally gave it to me.

• Haha 1

Hobbyists who bother me while I am working.  I'm professional photographer who shoots architecture and is usually working in public.  I often get approached by weekend worriers and hobbyists who want to to have an in depth conversation about cameras and lenses and gear, much of which I know nothing about.  Sorry dude, I'm working, please leave me alone.  

Another, those random people who think because I am a photographer that I would be happy to take their picture for them and get mad when I refuse.  Had this happen yesterday.  Shooting a building in center city, happened to be lucky enough that no cars were parked in front of it at the perfect time of day with great light.  While composing my shot, a random couple asked me to take their picture.  I told them to give me 15 minutes; I was not going miss an opportunity FOR A CLIENT to get this picture.  They got pissed off and stormed away.  

(FYI, insofar as camera gear, as a professional I don't pay attention to consumer grade cameras/lenses; unless your budget is at least $10K, I'm not going to know anything about any gear you're interested in.)

Hipsters trying to bring back dead technologies, such as typewriters.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cayman17 said:

This is an OCD thing, I think. They cannot walk away from the car until it honks and confirms that it is locked. 

I would call it a deep flaw in the human psyche more than straight OCD. Its the same flaw that makes slot machines mints, neon signs so successful at selling anything, or why people cant stop staring at their phones playing games or watching videos. Bright Colorful Flashing Lights and rewarding dinging noises continue to placate the masses long after infancy. Its aural stimulation for the purpose of chasing a brief "high." People are easily satisfied I guess. Cars locked just fine for a hundred years without annoying everybody in half mile radius. I just don't see the current state as an "improvement" over anything. 

People that eat/chew with their mouth open.  I can’t be in the same room.

The puddles of water my wife leaves around every sink she uses.  Wipe it for goodness sakes.

People that don’t bring a bottle of wine to dinner but are happy to help themselves to anything in my cellar 

• Like 1

Detest the open mouth chewers, but one variety in particular. The crunchy things chewer who must inform everyone within a 50 foot radius that these kettle chips are really really crunchy. Here, have a listen! ?

People reaching into my food. Seriously, wtf invited you into my plate? With a fork it's bad, then you got the guy/gal grabbing barehanded into your fries. I wish I had a bear trap dish that didn't snap cause I'm wearing the matching bracelet or something. But might be triggered by intruding, dingy, hands.

Community plates of food... I'm just gonna eat directly from the container with my fork/spoon. I'm not going to serve some onto my dish. No that's too much trouble. I'll just drool all over the sweet mashed potatoes. 

People borrowing my personal hygiene things like deodorant. 

I can go on and on. Personal space is to be respected. Especially my dinner plate.

9 hours ago, TNT009 said:

People that consistently show up with no cigars, but accept gifted ones.. And never repay the favor.

I've got a crew of friends like this. They know I've got a good collection so they assume I'll bring them something. They started with the, I've got your next round. To, Javi's not paying for drinks (after handing out cigars to 3 of 5 guys). Bill shows up, by 5. I'm like.. Uh guys? Crickets. I started charging for cigars as I hand them out. That's $15, that ones $20. 

Just cause I have a bunch of stuff doesn't mean I'm the cigar bank, where you can make infinite withdraws and 0 deposits. The other pet peeve is offering cigars when you allow them to see your collection and you say... These are kinda rare, or I only have 4 of these left. Cool! Let's smoke those then. ??? I'd never put anyone out like that. When given a choice I always go for the cheapest stuff. No common sense.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

I've got a crew of friends like this. They know I've got a good collection so they assume I'll bring them something. They started with the, I've got your next round. To, Javi's not paying for drinks (after handing out cigars to 3 of 5 guys). Bill shows up, by 5. I'm like.. Uh guys? Crickets. I started charging for cigars as I hand them out. That's $15, that ones $20. 

Just cause I have a bunch of stuff doesn't mean I'm the cigar bank, where you can make infinite withdraws and 0 deposits. The other pet peeve is offering cigars when you allow them to see your collection and you say... These are kinda rare, or I only have 4 of these left. Cool! Let's smoke those then. ??? I'd never put anyone out like that. When given a choice I always go for the cheapest stuff. No common sense.

I never got people that were like that.   My thought is you are offering to give me something that does cost a reasonable amount of money and if they are older cigars cannot be replaced easily or cheaply.  I would see what they have a lot of and grab one of those.

I will add my pet peeve has been mentioned a couple times and that is people who chew with their mouth open especially if they are very loud.   Also I am the person that locks my car doors twice so my vehicle honks purely because I am OCD about it.

• Like 1

oy, so many small ones...

but as a motorcycle commuter riding 10’s of thousands of miles per year, the traffic idiocy out there is particularly itritating. selecting two very simple ones:

1) not signaling when turning

2) crossing the yellow line ever. if you can’t stay in the lines, you’re going too fast (and this is from an inveterate speed demon)

if people would just be a *little* more conscientious about these things, safety would quadruple (per my extensive and unquestionable anecdotal research data ?)

but i try to follow the advice of my old man, “don’t sweat the little things”

-dobbs

People that don't pick up there phone because they don't recognize the number;

People that call back without listening their message (that I just left because they didn't pick up the phone because they didn't recognize the number);

People that sleep through their appointments and act incredulous that they can't just show up later and still get a meeting;

People that don't call back for months and when their case goes to warrant, they get mad at me because I didn't try hard enough to get a hold of them (despite calling, texting, emailing, and sending a certified letter);

...can you tell I am at work :)

People whom constantly b.i.t.c.h about the same things continuously w/o addressing their own issues, or choosing to move on... $hit or get off the pot.

People whom can’t grasp the variation in Cuban cigar quality... acting as though they are a manufactured product that goes through 4 levels of QC.

Most other drivers. No matter where you are even if it's only you and another driver on the road they will be on your ass or trying to cut you off at an exit. It seems like civility, courtesy and common sense leaves most people when the get in the drivers seat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Most of the above wouldn’t be issues if common sense was common. My pet leave is it doesn’t seem to be very common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mumbling, stuttering (due to failure to compose your thoughts prior speaking), not speaking at an appropriate volume given the surroundings. I could probably get along with just about anyone as long as they speak loudly, clearly and concisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, bpm32 said:

See, I’ve got the opposite problem. People always give me cigars in return but they’re always NCs. I’ve got a whole desktop humidor of them now. I forget who gave me what so I can’t regift them.....might give one back to the guy who originally gave it to me.

Haa, I hear ya, some is definitely better than nothing!!

4 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Just plain ole common courtesy!  Seems to be lacking nowadays!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a cigar today.?

39183747_241941513318639_4344024429634781184_n.jpg

• Like 2