4 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

When a person starts texting or scrolling through their phone while you’re trying to have a conversation with them. 

When I see a family or group of friends at a restaurant and every person in that group is glued to their phones and no one is saying a word to each other. 

Yes- The dumb boxes....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intolerance. I can’t stand it.

Pet peeve #1: People.   That is all.

I have a unique one to add; big sinks with short faucets.  

:2thumbs:  I really, REALLY like this topic! And until I read the lengthy responses to it I was reluctant to put mine down in case I fell into the "paranoid" description!

1. People who snap, crackle and pop chewing gum to damn death, popping and cracking it so loud it sounds like a whip, constantly "PAP! poom! PAP! poom! PAP!" to where it sounds like bugs are in the vicinity. I've broken up friendships over that sh#t.

2. People who chew with their mouths open and don't think they need to wipe their mouth when they're eating some white, frothy, gooey something that sticks and hangs over their lips and chin. :wacko: And you'll notice nobody can bring themselves to say anything, you just keep looking at each other - eyes darting back and forth to each other while we watch the sh#t going up and down and making everybody try to keep from gagging.

3. Slow drivers, period. I'm soooooo used to drivers who do only 60 and below in left lane until I just sigh and look for a chance to go around them. But cars on the street going 3 miles an hour - no...not car trouble: no...not trying to find an address: just won't go any faster than THEY want to, making you lose your chance at a turn, or lose the green light...

4. Heather (or sometimes Rachel) from credit card services. "We've been trying to reach you for several occasions and this is your last chance to qualify for lower interest rates. Press 1. for agent, or press 3. to lose out on lower your interest rates." I've been losing out on my last chance to qualify and/or pressing 3 to not be bothered again for five years now. 

5.  And finally, know-it-alls who have to refute and rebut EVERYTHING I or somebody else says with their smart-ass, put down, "I'm better than you" attitude. Calling them out on it (FINALLY) causes them to fall to pieces, i.e. the usual can dish it out but can't take anything back, even constructively put.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WABOOM said:

1) Clocks that are set wrong.
2) "life hacks"

I always set my clocks and watches three minutes fast.

It's little life hack of mine.

Can I come over for dinner?

?

• Haha 3

My father-in-law that smokes 3-5 cigars a day, smokes the largest, longest cigar he can find for under $3 and when I gift him a LUB 14 Monte No.2 he says it's a tad dry.

Or my wifes whole family save her oldest sister for that matter.

And I agree that people think that cigars are not worth any money or expect them from me since I have a stockpile. What are you giving ME?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not a lot upsets me ... most of the above “peeves” could be dealt with by using a little introspection people .

“able” persons parking in handicapped spots ... selfishness at its best/worst .

derrek

7 hours ago, wineguy said:

Yes- The dumb boxes....

Television is obsolete. Smart phones are the new opiate of the masses. Even though I am a tech guy myself and have been for more than 30 years, I simply do not and cannot understand how people can remain so fascinated by a damn phone. Smart or not, I just don't find them THAT interesting! Far more fascinating technology out there! So how come they cannot remove their damn faces from them? Oh thats right, they like to stay "connected". Yer, in that artificial, shallow, sort-of-friend, made up, bragging, circle-jerk, Facebook kind of way maybe. Maybe I just have a shorter attention span, but really, I just suspect I simply have a broader imagination and oh, maybe more important things to think about and get on with ?

4 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Left lane hogs on the highway......move the F over if someone faster is behind you!!!?

I deal with this daily.  Two lane part of 95.  There's a poorly designed section with a lot of on/off ramps clumped up.  If you don't want to use them, move to the left.  It helps everyone.  But for the love of God.. don't move over and let your cruise control just go at the speed limit.  If you see a line of cars behind you, they want to go faster than you!

18 hours ago, cigcars said:

:2thumbs:  I really, REALLY like this topic! And until I read the lengthy responses to it I was reluctant to put mine down in case I fell into the "paranoid" description!

1. People who snap, crackle and pop chewing gum to damn death, popping and cracking it so loud it sounds like a whip, constantly "PAP! poom! PAP! poom! PAP!" to where it sounds like bugs are in the vicinity. I've broken up friendships over that sh#t.

2. People who chew with their mouths open and don't think they need to wipe their mouth when they're eating some white, frothy, gooey something that sticks and hangs over their lips and chin. :wacko: And you'll notice nobody can bring themselves to say anything, you just keep looking at each other - eyes darting back and forth to each other while we watch the sh#t going up and down and making everybody try to keep from gagging.

3. Slow drivers, period. I'm soooooo used to drivers who do only 60 and below in left lane until I just sigh and look for a chance to go around them. But cars on the street going 3 miles an hour - no...not car trouble: no...not trying to find an address: just won't go any faster than THEY want to, making you lose your chance at a turn, or lose the green light...

4. Heather (or sometimes Rachel) from credit card services. "We've been trying to reach you for several occasions and this is your last chance to qualify for lower interest rates. Press 1. for agent, or press 3. to lose out on lower your interest rates." I've been losing out on my last chance to qualify and/or pressing 3 to not be bothered again for five years now. 

5.  And finally, know-it-alls who have to refute and rebut EVERYTHING I or somebody else says with their smart-ass, put down, "I'm better than you" attitude. Calling them out on it (FINALLY) causes them to fall to pieces, i.e. the usual can dish it out but can't take anything back, even constructively put.

Preach.. That loud chomping does get annoying quick - fast in a hurry!

Heres one I forgot about.. 

At the gym and you got your own headphones on and some goof ball is singing to his own music.. Im like shut up, I don't want to hear you sing!

Most of my pet peeves these days revolve around living in Miami: 

1) People will hardly ever thank you for holding the door open. Everyone is entitled. 

2) People talk on speaker phone, so now I have to hear double the noise. Imagine if everyone did that! Again, don’t worry about others around you....it’s all about you and your purple Lambo. 

3) Old people at the deli counter who order 3 slices of 18 different things and ask for samples. “Let me try the ham”....lady you eat that ham every week for the past 20 years. It tastes like ham. And you have 5 years left to live, max, don’t waste it at the deli counter. 

4) People who will block traffic while waiting for a parking space 10 feet closer than one that is already open. And the person who is taking 15 minutes to pull out of their space and let that bozo odiot in. 

I feel better now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

Most of my pet peeves these days revolve around living in Miami: 

1) People will hardly ever thank you for holding the door open. Everyone is entitlted. 

2) People talk on speaker phone, so now I have to hear double the noise. Imagine if everyone did that! Again, don’t worry about others around you....it’s all about you and your purple Lambo. 

3) Old people at the deli counter who order 3 slices of 18 different things and ask for samples. “Let me try the ham”....lady you eat that ham every week for the past 20 years. It tastes like ham. And you have 5 years left to live, max, don’t waste it at the deli counter. 

4) People who will block traffic while waiting for a parking space 10 feet closer than one that is already open. And the person who is taking 15 minutes to pull out of their space and let that bozo odiot in. 

I feel better now.

Yes!! MORE annoyances - people who hardly say "thank you" - this is the case with more than a few hobos and homeless. I'm happy to give them a buck or so, so they can eat: but some of them (not all - just some) feel no need to acknowledge your kindness. They take your dollar and then turn to go. Me -? I yell to them, "UH - YOU'RE WELCOME!!"  with my mean, mad, wide eyed demeanor on my hardened face of outrage. And they then turn back and say, silently, "Thank you.

As for your No. 3 annoyance: RRRRAAAARRRRGGHHHH!!!!! :tantrum:  I HATE REACHING EVEN OLDER AGE WAITING ON Old Miss Muffett-Tuffet to get 18 different things at the Deli - BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS HAVE ONLY ONE PERSON WORKING BACK THERE.  I'm 61 and I've only asked for a sample from the deli 3 times in 5 years.

For No.4 - I experienced a bit of catharsis of relief from my annoyance with this because of an episode on The Simpsons. Homer and family were all in the car in a full parking lot - and there was a car patiently waiting to get that spot. Homer said, "Hey! Let's make that guy think we're coming out, but fiddlin' with stuff first and get his hopes up for nothing! Ha Ha Ha!" (something to that effect). And he started the car, adjusted the mirrors, adjusted his collar, kept messing with things...and the guy waiting for the space began gritting his teeth in irritation. Homer shifted into reverse, then back into park, adjusted himself, etc., etc., etc. After some time they guy waiting yelled, "Hey are you coming outta there?!" And Homer goes, "NNOOOO!" And the guy growls and goes on to look for another space. Only Marge mildly called Homer on doing something like that - how inconsiderate that was. And he just laughs.  After that I felt a little bit better in having that show acknowledge that kind of annoyance with people who take forever to come out of a parking space.

***WHEW***     

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 8:17 AM, Thig said:
On 8/24/2018 at 11:25 PM, BellevilleMXZ said:
Left lane hogs on the highway......move the F over if someone faster is behind you!!!?

We a law here in Georgia against that, it's called the slow poke law but it is rarely enforced.

Ya , somewhat same here, but they never do anything

42 minutes ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Ya , somewhat same here, but they never do anything

They’ve got a law in WA State they says you’ve got to pull over on a two lane road if you’re going less than the speed limit and you’ve got cars behind you.

• Like 1

They’ve got a law in WA State they says you’ve got to pull over on a two lane road if you’re going less than the speed limit and you’ve got cars behind you.
Georgia law says even if you are going the speed limit or higher if someone going faster is behind you then you are supposed to get over.

People with too many pet peeves. 

People who will not pull over and stop for an oncoming ambulance, fire, or police vehicle. No, you don't kind of veer right and slow down. Pull over and stop. And y don't pass the guy in front of you who did pull over and stop because you're still moving. And I don't care how many lanes there are, gtf out of the way and stop  and let the emergency people do their job with out having to think about you.

• Like 1

It’s really interesting how many of you are bent out of shape about the left lane thing.  Living in Los Angeles, traffic is so congested I rarely get to go the speed limit!  I can’t relate at all but find it really interesting.