I get annoyed about not having clean water to drink, not having a home, not having enough money to buy food for my kids, not to be free from having to live in a war zone, not having the right to vote...

Oh, just a minute, I've got all that. I've got nothing to complain about.

Carry on.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Thanks 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intolerance. I can’t stand it.

Pet peeve #1: People.   That is all.

I have a unique one to add; big sinks with short faucets.  

38 minutes ago, Thig said:
1 hour ago, bpm32 said:
They’ve got a law in WA State they says you’ve got to pull over on a two lane road if you’re going less than the speed limit and you’ve got cars behind you.

Georgia law says even if you are going the speed limit or higher if someone going faster is behind you then you are supposed to get over.

That’s a weird one! Wouldn’t the guy going over the speed limit be breaking the law?

That’s a weird one! Wouldn’t the guy going over the speed limit be breaking the law?
They are more concerned about keeping the traffic moving, have you ever driven near Atlanta on I75 or I85? If you are not going at least 10mph over the limit you are going to get run over.

1 hour ago, Thig said:
1 hour ago, bpm32 said:
They’ve got a law in WA State they says you’ve got to pull over on a two lane road if you’re going less than the speed limit and you’ve got cars behind you.

Georgia law says even if you are going the speed limit or higher if someone going faster is behind you then you are supposed to get over.

In NJ, the law is that the left lane is for passing only.  So regardless of speed, if you are going the same speed or slower than the person in the right or middle lane, you are breaking the law.

1 hour ago, Thig said:
1 hour ago, bpm32 said:

They are more concerned about keeping the traffic moving, have you ever driven near Atlanta on I75 or I85? If you are not going at least 10mph over the limit you are going to get run over.

I suppose they could just make the speed limit higher, but then we’d just go 10 mph above the new speed limit.....

On 8/24/2018 at 1:02 PM, HarveyBoulevard said:

People that don't pick up there phone because they don't recognize the number;

People that call back without listening their message (that I just left because they didn't pick up the phone because they didn't recognize the number);

People that sleep through their appointments and act incredulous that they can't just show up later and still get a meeting;

People that don't call back for months and when their case goes to warrant, they get mad at me because I didn't try hard enough to get a hold of them (despite calling, texting, emailing, and sending a certified letter);

...can you tell I am at work :)

Do you ever watch Live PD?   That is one of my favorite shows.   Love seeing the pups.   When they break out the K9 to chase someone I yell Fur Missile time!.  I am surprised by the amount of people that don't have plates, license, or registration.  Lastly these aren't my pants!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 9:45 PM, El Presidente said:

People who don't put their name in correspondence. 

" you got any  good eplendido?

Go get screwed

Not only did they not leave their name in the message they spelled Esplendido wrong.   That would really piss me off. ?

On 8/25/2018 at 2:52 PM, cigcars said:

For No.4 - I experienced a bit of catharsis of relief from my annoyance with this because of an episode on The Simpsons. Homer and family were all in the car in a full parking lot - and there was a car patiently waiting to get that spot. Homer said, "Hey! Let's make that guy think we're coming out, but fiddlin' with stuff first and get his hopes up for nothing! Ha Ha Ha!" (something to that effect). And he started the car, adjusted the mirrors, adjusted his collar, kept messing with things...and the guy waiting for the space began gritting his teeth in irritation. Homer shifted into reverse, then back into park, adjusted himself, etc., etc., etc. After some time they guy waiting yelled, "Hey are you coming outta there?!" And Homer goes, "NNOOOO!" And the guy growls and goes on to look for another space. Only Marge mildly called Homer on doing something like that - how inconsiderate that was. And he just laughs.  After that I felt a little bit better in having that show acknowledge that kind of annoyance with people who take forever to come out of a parking space.

***WHEW***     

People who are insane about getting the absolute closest parking spot, and who are inordinately proud of it when they do, annoy me to no end. 

For Pete's sakes just go a bit farther, you'll walk 5 min more but you'll have plenty of space.

My father used to say : You can't freaking park inside the place! 

I still say it to this day.

Crazy people that think they are great conversationalists in public cigar lounges. " I'm a stranger trying to enjoy a cigar dude. I don't care for your political opinions. I'm whatever it is you hate now go bother someone else."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, joeypots said:

People with too many pet peeves. 

People who will not pull over and stop for an oncoming ambulance, fire, or police vehicle. No, you don't kind of veer right and slow down. Pull over and stop. And y don't pass the guy in front of you who did pull over and stop because you're still moving. And I don't care how many lanes there are, gtf out of the way and stop  and let the emergency people do their job with out having to think about you.

Gotta say that is a ticket I love to write, its a pricey $$ one!  That and the people who pass the school buses when the kids are getting off sign flashes!

3 hours ago, inter4alia said:

Uber/Lyft drivers from the suburbs that come into the city but have absolutely no idea how to drive in the city environment. 

OMG, this so many times.  

42 minutes ago, bnasse9900 said:

At the gym, people not putting their weights back on the rack. Or even worse, putting them on the wrong rack.

Yes 100%.  Or the people who like to use a machine and a bench at the same time.  Then get mad when you ask them if you can work in.

How about folks who - and I promise this is no exaggeration - go through the restaurant drive thru with their radio SOUND BARRIER BLASTING loud. And won't turn it down even when it's their turn to order. It was only because of how many nuts there are out here who are armed and will kill you over a penny, and won't think anymore about it than stepping on a roach - that I didn't get out of my car, approach their can and ask, "Excuse me, does your brain work??"