Any Modern Times fans? (beer)

slowsmoke

Modern Times brewery, based in San Diego.  May be mostly California thing, but they seem to be rapidly growing.  They started with a saison called Loma Land, and just about everything they make is gold.

They have a red called Blazing World that has become one of my absolute favorite cigar pairings lately.  It is funky and malty, and goes wonderfully with a good maduro like a Padron 1964.

Anyone here tried them?  If not, I highly recommend keeping an eye out for anything they make.

9 hours ago, earthson said:

Is this similar to that "Simple Times" garbage water sold by Trader Joe's?

Hey now, I like Simple Times! It’s a great way to end the night when your tongue is numb and you need to sober up.

4 minutes ago, bpm32 said:

Hey now, I like Simple Times! It’s a great way to end the night when your tongue is numb and you need to sober up.

I have enjoyed my share of it. It’s a nice alternative to a pilsner from the big 3. 

Modern Times is true craft beer. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it at Trader Joe’s. 

back in 2016 on a trip to So Cal I basically tried everything they had to offer. All beers were good but nothing really blew me away. 

I was quite surprised to see shortly after that their beer being available in Canada. That seems like some pretty quick expansion. I'm not sure if they got bought out by a bigger brewer like a lot of the other craft beers from the US that we end up seeing on the shelves here??

• 2 weeks later...