After 36 years, I found my father

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to share a deeply personal but incredibly exciting story that has been unraveling for the last month.  I can’t tell you how Habanos I have smoked while these events have played out.  Two or t

I just met my first newfound sibling, Bethany, who is my oldest sister.  I drove a couple hours to a state park that her, her husband, and their four boys were camping in.  I brought my wife and daugh

A little bit of an update to this story ... last weekend I flew from Dallas to Seattle to meet my father in person for the first time.  We’ve spoken two or three times a week since finding him, but se

Terrific story!

I have not visited this great forum in a long time and just when I do, I stumble on the best post I've ever read. God bless you and your family. It's also nice to see another family in which the women are way hotter than the men lol

• Haha 1

A remarkable and heartwarming story. You are blessed.

A patient of mine discovered that the man he had known all his life wasn't his genetic father. Both my patient and the man he had known as father were both shocked by this news. The revelation came via genetic testing, and revealed that his real father was in fact a physician who performed in vitro fertilizations. He had substituted his own sperm for that of the man who was seeking to father a child. He didn't know that he was infertile, and always believed that the child was his own. 

As with you, this discovery has brought about quite an adventure. Like you, he has met brothers, sisters, and other relatives he had never known. In time, he found out that he was a different person than he had always thought. And, fortunately, he has come to cherish his true identity and self. 

So, you are not alone. I hope that your journey takes you on a great and lasting adventure, the greatest adventure of all... the search for who we are. 

• Thanks 1

Massive credit to you. There are some in this world, that would frame this story as "what they haven't had for so long"  but you show a huge generosity of spirt, and thankfulness.    Lovely story, and it sounds as if it couldn't of happened to a nicer bloke.  Hats off to you sir. Best to you and your new found kin.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic story.Maybe I should look into the DNA testing too as I didn't know that my father wasn't my father until I was 21 yrs old and my biological father was killed in action in the 2nd world war.My mother(she's still alive at 93 yrs old)would not talk about it.It was not easy for me to accept the fact that I was lied to for such a long time.At the end I was able to forgive but I will not forget.But I must say that it was also a contributing factor that I,my wife and son(now late) immigrated to Canada.What makes it even funnier that I was the black sheep of the family and yet I"m the one who keeps up the contact as I call my parents(so to speak)every couple of weeks.That from a guy who couldn't do anything right and was good for nothing.Cheers to that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shrink said:

The revelation came via genetic testing, and revealed that his real father was in fact a physician who performed in vitro fertilizations. He had substituted his own sperm for that of the man who was seeking to father a child. He didn't know that he was infertile, and always believed that the child was his own. or who we are. 

That's crazy!