So @SigmundChurchill and I got to chatting the other day when I saw that he was from the NY/NJ/Long Island area, and talked about getting together for a smoke maybe somewhere in the city. Then he suggested that we see if we had any other members here who would be interested in meeting up in the city and hitting one of the fine cigar lounges there - maybe the Carnegie Club?

If you're in the area and you'd be interested, drop a reply here and lets see if we can figure something out!

-Tom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well hello from a Brooklyn! The wedding tonight was fabulous and all the guests were fun. So many liked to drink and dance. Dinner was yummmmm. But here is news. Near the place we rented for 6 of

Here's link to Poll guys. Rather than navigating. Cheers

Not sure if this breaks any rules so mods please let me know or delete/amend. It's another possible chance for us to herf. My friend Olivier (one half of Le Moka Cigar club based in UK) is coming over

I spend about half of my time in NYC, in the fall a bit moreso. I would definitely make an effort to make it. 

2 hours ago, Silverstix said:

I'm totally open to suggestions, as long as it's a place that lets you bring outside cigars.  Only lounge I've been to in NYC was Nat Sherman Townhouse

Love Nats - shame it closes before I finish work..

I'd be down.

After school  work on a weeknight works, Thurs is the new Friday and all that..

I've tried to get a few herfs going before @HoyoFan @cybermadhatter @SofaKing 

We also saw @Habana Mike once or twice too!

Soho is cool but for larger groups I feel the seating is a little limited. Carnegie is a walk from my office, not the biggest fan like some others on here. I am liking Club Mac more than before but some find it snooty 

3 hours ago, SofaKing said:

Given a little notice I can pop down. Monday-Wednesday is best for me however with advance notice I can re arrange.

Same here.  I'm there the 2nd week in September and the 1st week in December. 

I'm in for Carnegie. I'm on a first name basis with one of the girls that works the door. If we have a headcount I can text her and request some decent seating. By the size of the group on this thread alone we might fill the place up. 

I go to Soho Cigar bar after work a bunch but it's not as big nor as comfortable as Carnegie. But like most here, it's about hanging, herfin', and meeting new guys. So I'm down for whatever the majority calls for. 

Paging @fastkiller13 Ted, and @NYMets01 Dennis. I'm sure they'd jump on this too. 

9/11, 9/13, 9/18, or 9/20 to throw a few Tuesdays and Thursdays out there.

Cheers all

Carnegie Club is my favorite place to be for smoking in NYC! Whenever there I meet up with a couple of our FOH friends and we have such a wonderful evening. The music is so great. The Macanudo is so expensive and those cigars... ummm, not our fave.

Heading down tomorrow for 5 days for a family wedding in Brooklyn. Not sure I will be able to abandon the huge group to do what I WANT. Lol.

I also like smoking at either Davidoff store because my favorite watch jewellery store is nearby. Wempe.

CB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canadianbeaver said:

Carnegie Club is my favorite place to be for smoking in NYC! Whenever there I meet up with a couple of our FOH friends and we have such a wonderful evening. The music is so great. The Macanudo is so expensive and those cigars... ummm, not our fave.

Heading down tomorrow for 5 days for a family wedding in Brooklyn. Not sure I will be able to abandon the huge group to do what I WANT. Lol.

I also like smoking at either Davidoff store because my favorite watch jewellery store is nearby. Wempe.

CB

Wempe is a great store but have you checked out Tourneau about a block or two away? Four floors of nothing but great watches!

There's also the IWC store one block east of Wempe and Brequet right across the street.

1 hour ago, NYMets01 said:

Wempe is a great store but have you checked out Tourneau about a block or two away? Four floors of nothing but great watches!

There's also the IWC store one block east of Wempe and Brequet right across the street.

Ooh La La... mmmmmmmmm. Yes me like them all LOLOL

I do a lot of work in NYC and would certainly be interested if my schedule panned out.  I have only been to Soho and would certainly be interested in seeing other places.  

I can't do any of those dates as I'm traveling but you guys have a good one or if there's anything going on nearer Oct I'll be in.Anyway anyone in NYC a lot I'm always up for a mid week session

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk