Hello from Kansas

Lomey

Hello from the Kansas City area.  Been smoking NCs regularly for 6-7 years, but have very limited experience with CCs.  The ones I have had are something special and I'm ready to make the switch.  I just got back from a Cuban cruise the first of week of August.  I had a great time, but it wasn't long enough.  Sure wish I would have been on this site before I went,  A lot of great info here!  We visited Reynaldo and picked up some custom rolls and split a couple of boxes with a buddy who went with me.  Wish I would have picked up more custom rolls, but I'll go back in a year or 2.  Reynaldo and his staff were great to my wife and I and our friends.  He gave us a couple of drinks and cigars to enjoy while hanging out.  He also gave my wife a couple of Havana Club glasses and a cool cigar poster.  The highlight was when he sat down and rolled a cigar for me.  The Cuban food, rum and beer were very good and the people we got to interact with, friendly.  It would have been nice to see Havana in its prime.  Kinda sad to see it so rundown in a lot of places.  Still beautiful though.

I enjoy beer, watching sports (though not as much as I used to), vegetable gardening and traveling.  I also have 2 great little dogs named Pirate and Barley.  

Thanks for the great site and information.  I look forward to learning as much as I can.

Mike