2007 Por Larrañaga RE Asia Pacific Robustos de Larrañaga

I’ve got 1 stick remaining from about 3 5ers I kept/smoked. Personally, I had my last one about 5 years ago, it was good, but I preferred it younger at new to 3 years. In my opinion, it had a sweet acidic quality that I rather enjoyed. Not that aged they’re bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, toledo1969 said:

I could not find that much info about this RE Release. Would appreciate the community's comments. 

PL Asia Pacifico Robusto de Larranaga 2007

Por Larranaga Robusto EMA OCT07

Por Larranaga Robusto Press Release

Por Larranaga Robusto Regional Release 2007 EMA OCT 07

Por Larranaga Robusto.

I thought 10 years or older was considered Vintage, or am I mistaken ??

No hard and fast rules. Some retailer classify 5 year old cigars as “vintage”. I believe even PCC does that. Total BS, if you ask me. 5 years is barely aged in my book.

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Thanks for this Information, really appreciate it. Could not find that much on Google, mostly the Picadores come up with PLR Robustos. 

I thought 10 years or older was considered Vintage, or am I mistaken ??

For cars and watches 25 years is considered vintage, not sure cigars should be much different. I’d consider 10 years well aged but it’s not that old so not sure about using the term vintage. In the end it’s just a word; I’d consider those some nice aged cigars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am currently smoking from a 2007 box, after having smoked through another. When young, 1-5 years, I found them to be too harsh and undeveloped. The "caramel" quality wasn't there. 

Now, at ten years of age, they are at their best. Smooth, medium-bodied, with sweet caramel crème and a nice spicy finish. I still have a third box unopened. 

• Like 1

I have enjoyed the few I’ve smoked over past couple years, and have no frame of reference for when they were young, but it was an enjoyable cigar.  I think I like the PL Encantos a bit more.  Maybe that’s related to 7-8 years on Encantos, diff Vitola, Tobacco etc, but just my humble opinion.  However, I’m smoking through some 2013 PLPC now and they are just as tasty as any of the REs I’ve had.  

• 3 weeks later...