Min

Non cubans have more strength?

I am pretty new to CCs.  I noticed that I could smoke a Bolivar, a Partagas early in the morning on an empty stomach with no problem.  I thought I was a light weight when it comes to strength because I couldn't handle full bodied/strength non cuban cigars.  Are Cubans generally blended milder than non Cubans, such as Padrons. 

You can find less strong ones as well but there are some powerhouses that really knock you out. On average, would say NC is stronger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, rascalmonkey said:

there are some nicaraguans that will lay you out

Nicaraguan cigars I find to be very strong, like I never smoked a cigar before...  Tasty, but too much nicotine for me (in general).

Strong or bold, terms we also use in coffee, a business I own, can be a trait in cigars that is so important to us. Right up there with taste. I do not enjoy a light, subtle flavour, just as I need lots of smoke.

A store or bar in the US where guests must only smoke stock, provides us with the following if available:

Opus X

Padron highest offering

Ashton VSG

Thast’s about it

CB

3 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

A store or bar in the US where guests must only smoke stock, provides us with the following if available:

These exist, really? Wow, I would never go

• Like 1

The first time I smoked a La Flor Dominicana Chisel, it put me on my butt.  I didnt even feel comfortable driving later that night.  Was not fun at all, and I still cannot understand why people prefer strength without balance of flavor.

I think this is interesting because before I got into CC's, I never thought that that would be the case. Now every time I have a NC, I am very much aware of the differences. One thing in particular is the aftertaste of NC's.  I generally find the aftertaste to last much longer and not be as pleasant as CC's.  

I have friends that say they don't want to smoke CC's because they are so much stronger than NC's (more for me!).