Paladar Marea Update - Not good ...

I posted a great review of Paladar Marea this year on my blog - now I am hearing bad things about it from knowledgeable people.

http://flyingcigar.de/startseite/havana-2018-hole-in-the-wall-paladar-marea/

Update 07 Sept. 2018 :

Looks like the Cuban Paladar disease of "earn 500 CUC today and lose 5.000 CUC tomorrow has affected Marea in Miramar.

Good and knowledgeable friends lately have reported shitty food, frozen Tuna and bad culinary experiences there.

I spoke today with a group of Scottish friends who had dinner last night there and they reported it was terrible as well as expensive.

So be warned - might have been taken over or the cook has been "kidnapped" by higher earnings somewhere else - happens frequently in Havana .... ?

Nino

13 minutes ago, Ethernut said:

NOOOOOOO! Was looking forward to revisiting in November. Great memories!

Sunset at Marea...

No problem - I'd go back to re-check and if all fails just for drinks and the sunset - there is always Santy's or 7 Dias. .. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nino said:

No problem - I'd go back to re-check and if all fails just for drinks and the sunset - there is always Santy's or 7 Dias. .. ?

Both are personal favorites and acceptable substitutes!

3 hours ago, oliverdst said:

I used to follow them in Instagram @clubmarea until I noticed they started posting just pictures of girls having fun. Not complaining but looks fishy.

I noticed the same @oliverdst it was more like a Bikini fashion show than a restaurant ....

611923183_MAREARestaurantclubmareaInstagramFotosundVideos.thumb.jpg.ba74e28f1c85f2530e88a5a3fa4a4b06.jpg

• Like 1