New Canadian Regional announced. Robusto. 10 count box. 6000 Numbered boxes.


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Funny, I can get Dip Excelencia for well under $300 a box right now...and it's quite possibly the exact same cigar except with 3 years less on it.

HSA's pricing is really getting out of hand on some of these ERs.

To be fair. 

Cuba tobacco tax = 0

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from the Toronto LCDH. My buddy was at the launch as kept a spare Diplo for me.  The band is a lot nicer than regular production and recent Diplomaticos RE bands (AFAIK).  The shadows ma

Halfwheel is reporting that a new Canadian Regional will launch today in Toronto and across Canada.  LCDH will have exclusivity from Sep 13 - 19.  General availability expected around Oct 3. It i

Admittedly, these are young, but I love to smoke them young to try and gauge the potential.  I picked up a couple at Casablancas when I was in Toronto this week.  They were $40 a pop.  I tried to pick

14 hours ago, Colt45 said:

I believe Pacific Cigar and Havana House have a relationship. If so, I don't know what that would mean regarding prices.

All of the official importers have a relationship,  in as far as 20 percent of shares are held by Imperial Tobacco (Imperial Brands plc)

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, fabes said:

Would you rather have one of these RE, or two CoRo, or even 4 of any other robusto. Same cost either way. 

Not in Canada...  CoRo must cost a little more than one of these RE's

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Not in Canada...  CoRo must cost a little more than one of these RE's

I realize prices & taxes vary across the globe. I still think the reasoning is valid. It may be a forest for the trees scenario here as a couple people brought up the point that the numbers I chose to provide are not appropriate for the Canadian market. I was just highlighting the fact that your money buys more regular production cigars than it does “special release” regardless of country. Insert whatever ratio of reg:limited you want for a given country. Our host mentioned similar sentiment in the most recent video review regarding Talisman vs reg production. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oliverdst said:

6000 boxes (10ct) at, let´s say, $500 and sold just in Canada... I think we will see them around for many years.

Most Canadian RE's do sit for a long time.  Only the Sibonney remains.  The VR XV's are pretty much gone, as are the RA Gorditos and the RA Super Ramones.  It took a while though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

It's pretty hard to find Canadian regional's outside of Canada.

True.  But.... our host has had Canadian Regionals in the past, not many mind you but they sold out quick.  Canada's LCDH's fall under Pacific Cigar's umbrella so we get some AP regionals in our LCDH's.  At least at the Toronto location, AFIAK.  And for some reason, they're carrying La Escepcion Don Joses in stock too.  Probably a bit of wheeling/dealing vs anything official between Havana House and Diademas.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bundwallah said:

True.  But.... our host has had Canadian Regionals in the past, not many mind you but they sold out quick.  Canada's LCDH's fall under Pacific Cigar's umbrella so we get some AP regionals in our LCDH's.  At least at the Toronto location, AFIAK.  And for some reason, they're carrying La Escepcion Don Joses in stock too.  Probably a bit of wheeling/dealing vs anything official between Havana House and Diademas.  

The Montreal LCDH has an immense selection of Regionals as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ponfed said:

Are you kidding? A Coro is like 45$ or more in Montreal.

Pds4 is like 35 

You have no idea how good you have it, wherever it is you are.

 

Edit: I don't know who the hell buys boxes of cigars in Canada. 

I buys singles at my local B&M cause I like the guy and he has some oldish stock he'll hook you up with if he sees you know what your talking about and figures out your tastes. 

But Boxes? 

I imagine it's only rich people who don't smoke and buy cigars as status symbols, or tourists who don't know any better.

I can't imagine that a guy that can afford buying boxes locally doesn't have ways of procuring Cubans easily at a better price. ( more easily than we can even)

I was at the John Fox store in Harrods in London and inquired about CoLas and they were 1500 GBP per box...  I would imagine though in that neighborhood where you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a Bentley and a couple Ferrari's they have plenty of people who can buy them....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wineguy said:

I was at the John Fox store in Harrods in London and inquired about CoLas and they were 1500 GBP per box...  I would imagine though in that neighborhood where you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a Bentley and a couple Ferrari's they have plenty of people who can buy them....

One of locales where it can be a quiet morning and then someone drops 20000 pounds in half an hour while the wife shops. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 2:37 PM, El Presidente said:

One of locales where it can be a quiet morning and then someone drops 20000 pounds in half an hour while the wife shops. 

You're not wrong. 

I still miss the Wellesley. The best London Cigar Terrace, IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 9:51 AM, bundwallah said:

True.  But.... our host has had Canadian Regionals in the past, not many mind you but they sold out quick.  Canada's LCDH's fall under Pacific Cigar's umbrella so we get some AP regionals in our LCDH's.  At least at the Toronto location, AFIAK.  And for some reason, they're carrying La Escepcion Don Joses in stock too.  Probably a bit of wheeling/dealing vs anything official between Havana House and Diademas.  

I can confirm a deal was made between Diadema and Havana House. In Florence in 2015 there were Juan Lopez Canadian Regionals (they can have them, if you ask me LOL). When I asked they said a trading deal between the two distributors had been done. Hence the Don Jose's here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 1:20 PM, bundwallah said:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 6:01 PM, cookj1 said:

Admittedly, these are young, but I love to smoke them young to try and gauge the potential.  I picked up a couple at Casablancas when I was in Toronto this week.  They were $40 a pop.  I tried to pick the two with the most sheen and the darkest wrappers.

I immediately get wood and cedar.  The flavours are very full and the smoke is strong.  I have some burn problems in the first third that fix themselves by the halfway mark.

This is not as smooth as the Connie B I smoked this morning. Slight hints of ammonia show the cigar’s youth. The flavour profile is very Diplomáticos to me and remind me of Dip 5’s, believe it or not.  I am getting an increase in strength as the smoke progresses.

The last half is more smooth and dare I say a bit more twangy. The wood flavours aren’t so in your face in the last half and I get a bit of hay.  I am absolutely buzzing from the strength of the nicotine in the last half.  This could not have been rolled any larger as I would have been green if it was any stronger.

The draw has been excellent.  I nubbed it to the end.

I think these have great aging potential and will settle down given some time in your humidor.  I will definitely get a box of these.

 

As a side note, Casablancas had a half box of the Fonseca Benelux Regionals left on Friday, a few Robaina Anniversarios, and some FdC Siboney.

23E47EF6-2662-4893-9C92-2D6CB2C1C739.jpeg

Nice review, thanks! Dip 5s were the strongest Diplomatico of them all I felt. I did not like them at all, even with many years on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 9:07 AM, LLC said:

I’ll definitely try one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. Might even get a box instead of a box or two of something else I was planning to get. This logic is just like bottled wonderfulness to me.

A $300 bottle of something may seem outrageous, but we are consuming 1/25th of it and Damn! It should be spectacular with all the talking we do about it. 

CB

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

Me too. Might even get a box instead of a box or two of something else I was planning to get. This logic is just like bottled wonderfulness to me.

A $300 bottle of something may seem outrageous, but we are consuming 1/25th of it and Damn! It should be spectacular with all the talking we do about it. 

CB

I picked up a box and a single. I may have the single Monday and then decide if I get another box depending on what potential I see in it. I doubt I’ll crack the box for a long time as I’ve found last Canadian Regionals are excellent when aged. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LLC said:

I picked up a box and a single. I may have the single Monday and then decide if I get another box depending on what potential I see in it. I doubt I’ll crack the box for a long time as I’ve found last Canadian Regionals are excellent when aged. 

I will be in Mississauga next month for a baptism.  I am coming in from Detroit.  Do you know where I could pick up a box and some singles in that area?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, VRATJV07 said:

I will be in Mississauga next month for a baptism.  I am coming in from Detroit.  Do you know where I could pick up a box and some singles in that area?

At the LCDH 113 Yorkville Ave. in downtown Toronto. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.