Regional Releases

Worth the extra money and hunt?

Lonsdales?

I regret selling my last box when I needed Tax money...

As for the Coronas, no idea since nobody has smoked one yet but the potential for appreciation is definitely there (combination of production number, size, brand, packaging, price).
  • Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the pleasure of smoking the new PL Corona 5ta Avenida ER today. Wow - honestly a great cigar, excellent burn, draw and taste right to the end, no bitternes, guess it will be even more fantast

Smoked another PL Corona 5ta Avenida today with a good US friend on a short visit to my village and we both agreed it is a Very good cigar. I am impressed by this release ....    

And you may even get them - or not. Be prepared to at least threaten a chargeback.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:12 PM, Lotusguy said:

The 06 Lonsdales definitely came around. No idea what you base your opinion on. The only issue is that some were rolled tightly.

Apparently I was mistaken. For some reason I had it in my head that these were not well received. 06 was a long time ago! Good to know. 

On 9/16/2018 at 1:56 PM, BinBin said:

Worth the extra money and hunt?

These are going to be extremely difficult to source, and undoubtedly very expensive if located. Auction is about the only shot these days and the last box that sold went for about 1,100 GBP:

https://www.onlinecigarauctions.com/sold_lot_info.php?products_id=5509

Tremendous appreciation for a cigar that originally sold for about $220. 

These are going to be extremely difficult to source, and undoubtedly very expensive if located. Auction is about the only shot these days and the last box that sold went for about 1,100 GBP:
https://www.onlinecigarauctions.com/sold_lot_info.php?products_id=5509
Tremendous appreciation for a cigar that originally sold for about $220. 

Dang, I sold my last box too cheaply. A lot.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Dang, I sold my last box too cheaply. A lot.

No kidding. That's right up there in terms of appreciation with the best of them. Who knew. Even the 07 ED 109 is only at about 400% at $2,200. These are at 600%+, right up there with the early Gran Reservas and Cohiba ELs. Just...wow.

12 hours ago, nino said:

More intense and concentrated aromas than the PLPC, also a bit stronger but overall a gem to smoke.

Well, get these while you can fellas. 1,600 boxes is a decent allotment but Germany is a big worldwide retail region and if the cigar is as good as you indicate these will be scarce within a year. 

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Well, get these while you can fellas. 1,600 boxes is a decent allotment but Germany is a big worldwide retail region and if the cigar is as good as you indicate these will be scarce within a year. 

It's 1600 Cabs - but NOT just for Germany but for 3 countries, Germany, Austria and Poland ... which is why it is called 5ta Avenida ER and not Germany ER....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nino said:

Smoked another PL Corona 5ta Avenida today with a good US friend on a short visit to my village and we both agreed it is a Very good cigar. I am impressed by this release ....:hungry:

194555554_plcjw.thumb.jpg.a0dccf8b3a7b9e3995c2fd735f9728de.jpg

Would love to get a hold of a box and some singles 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VRATJV07 said:

Would love to get a hold of a box and some singles 

Nino bought them all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joeypots said:

Nino bought them all.

Hahahahaha, good one    :perfect10:

Wish it was true, but no chance to get your hands on more than 1-2 Cabs and only if you're a good and loyal local customer.
These Cabs don't fall from the sky and can be collected with a vacuum cleaner - fuggit it ...

I am very happy to have received a few Cabs and to share a few singles with my friends - BTW : You wouldn't believe how many people suddenly remember me and write messages starting : Hello my friend ....? ?

Fly to Germany ( or Austria, Poland ), hire a car and drive around hoping to find them ... Good Luck ???

• Like 2

Good to hear about the PL Coronas. Was lucky enough to secure a cab, but damn I’d love another, so one cab can go to sleep in one piece while I binge smoke the other. Apparently I’m just never satisfied. ?

Of course I’ll regret tearing through one of these cabs 10 years for now when it ends up being sold in auction for the cost of a year’s college tuition for my daughter. ??‍♂️

16 minutes ago, awkwardPause said:

Good to hear about the PL Coronas. Was lucky enough to secure a cab, but damn I’d love another, so one cab can go to sleep in one piece while I binge smoke the other. Apparently I’m just never satisfied. ?

Of course I’ll regret tearing through one of these cabs 10 years for now when it ends up being sold in auction for the cost of a year’s college tuition for my daughter. ??‍♂️

Nah, I don't see that happening. I don't see how they are that valuable. As an example, what from 2008 is even worth that much money over what it pulled MSRP? 

12 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Nah, I don't see that happening. I don't see how they are that valuable. As an example, what from 2008 is even worth that much money over what it pulled MSRP? 

That was meant to be humorous ?...in no way do I think that will be the case. Will they appreciate some? Probably, but won’t matter because I’m just going to rest them a while and burn through them anyway. Will be interesting to see if they age similarly to the other regular release PL that I’m so fond of. 

Interesting how Avenida RE is a combo not unlike Benelux. When the decision is made and one of the countries withdraws, the name will change and so might the blend?

Perhaps no accident that the most RE action comes out of Spain where Habanos lives. 

My favorite RE’s are Belgium. Italy, Canada. The ones I do not like are Germany or Israel, or any RE short Robustos. I think that is a tourist trap, financially. 

Thank you for a fantastic thread!

CB

6 hours ago, nino said:

Hahahahaha, good one    :perfect10:

Wish it was true, but no chance to get your hands on more than 1-2 Cabs and only if you're a good and loyal local customer.
These Cabs don't fall from the sky and can be collected with a vacuum cleaner - fuggit it ...

I am very happy to have received a few Cabs and to share a few singles with my friends - BTW : You wouldn't believe how many people suddenly remember me and write messages starting : Hello my friend ....? ?

Fly to Germany ( or Austria, Poland ), hire a car and drive around hoping to find them ... Good Luck ???

They were available from a vendor I follow for a short time but are not there now. A few cabs are better than none, yes? 

Joe