Hi from Boston

robothunter

I'm just getting into cigars. I don't really know anything about them. I flew to Cuba for work last year and bought a buddy of mine some Cohiba's. I didn't even know what I was buying. For some reason he has it in his head that Cohiba's are the best but he doesn't know anything about cigars either. Cohiba's seem really strong to me. I think whenever he gets around to smoking them he is gonna puke because he isn't use to smoking cigars. He just had a baby boy so I ordered him a box of MONTECRISTO - NO.2's. From what I've read and heard from people, thats a really nice cigar with good flavor that won't overpower him. Sorry for rambling on so much.

12 hours ago, robothunter said:

I'm just getting into cigars. I don't really know anything about them. I flew to Cuba for work last year and bought a buddy of mine some Cohiba's. I didn't even know what I was buying. For some reason he has it in his head that Cohiba's are the best but he doesn't know anything about cigars either. Cohiba's seem really strong to me. I think whenever he gets around to smoking them he is gonna puke because he isn't use to smoking cigars. He just had a baby boy so I ordered him a box of MONTECRISTO - NO.2's. From what I've read and heard from people, thats a really nice cigar with good flavor that won't overpower him. Sorry for rambling on so much.

If you are anywhere near Watertown, stop into Cigar and Lounge on Dexter St.  The owners there are great, very friendly, unpretentious, helpful, and knowledgeable about cigars. I learned a lot from them when I decided to move from everyday cheap cigars to the real deal. They don't sell Cubans, of course, but they will help you to educate your palate and learn more about what you like.   It really helped for when I finally decided to start investing in CCs.  The downside is that now I'm spending way too much on good cigars :)