Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 vs H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1 .... Opinions?

They're two very different cigars. I love almost anything Upmann and Epi 2's are one of my favorite cigars. I can't speak on behalf of box codes, but flavor wise you'll get a lot of cedar, cinnamon spice in a really creamy delivery from the Epi, and the Upmann will come through with flavors of toasted tobacco, almond and a sugar cookie like sweetness. I recommend buying both!

I enjoy cg's more than robustos so I prefer the epi 1 over the 2. However, the connie 1 is very different from the mag 46 and I really enjoy the flavor profile of the connie 1. I agree with the above statement, if it has to be 1 or the other you may want to try both first but both are quite good. I don't worry much about year or code, just get good pre-vetted quality boxes from the host.?

I am super new to CC.    One of the first boxes I ordered and split with a friend was H Upmann Connie No.1.   The first one I smoked which had only been in my humidor a short time only a week was good but it definitely needs more time.   I have not tried the HdM Epi No. 2 but I have tried the Epi Especial and it was amazing.

Guest Nekhyludov

I think the tasting notes that have already been mentioned here are spot on. The big difference to me is that Epi 2s have been mostly garbage since 2015, but recent production Connie 1s have been incredibly good. Even young. If you want the best example of what each has to offer, stick with the Connie 1 for now.

• JohnS changed the title to Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 vs H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1 .... Opinions?
If you are considering one or the other be cause of the deal I think you are referring too than get the Connie as that price won’t come up very often

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer the Connie 1 and they are cheaper to boot.

On Epi 2, I’d save up for a 50 cab.

I'd go for the Connie 1. They both have a similarly textured, luxurious, smooth smoke but where the Epi 2 leads you towards a sort of milky cream flavor, the Connie 1 steers more towards almond and not too sweet cake. Both are delicious but i'm partial to the Connie 1, its just got a bit more going on in my experience.

13 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Get both. As already stated, both are very different cigars and depends on which flavor profile you want. I like them both, and which I will smoke depends on what I'm in the mood for.

^^^^^^^^