Trinidad Shorts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am German . . . we don't do any kind of pranks, jokes, whatever along the lines. That would come completely unnatural to us ( insert emoji of your choice ).

But Davidoff does...and a very popular one.    Try to find a Cohiba Robusto Suprema, Trinidad Topes, Mag 56....I could list 15 LE in the last decade. The marketing part is going ok. Let's

These seem to have appeared from nowhere. Anybody seen or heard about them . . . or even better tried them allready ?

I found them in the news section of a large online vendor, but still on red. I guess they await them within the next days ( or weeks ).

Same size and making (machine made) as the Cohiba shorts, prized slightly below.

I am not surprised Habanos came up with these, as the Cohiba Shorts are a big success. I was just wondering if there was a announcement or something similar, because i can't remember hearing about them before.

I apologize if I hit a nerve.  I know little about machine-made Cuban Cigars and was quite sure I had read on both the Cuban Cigar Website and Habanos Website that Habanos was out of the machine made cigar business years ago.  If that is not the case I stand corrected.  In any event, hand-made long filler cigars are what I enjoy.  (Fundadores, Topes, La Trova etc.)   I do, however, respect others tastes and choices be it machine-made, NC or anything else.

Cheers

Cheers

59 minutes ago, joncat said:

I apologize if I hit a nerve.

You didn't, i was just taking the p*** :P. I thought that emoji thingy made that clear. Indeed you are right that all machine made cigar(illo)s were outsourced to  ICT S.A., but licensed by Habanos S.A.. So to me it's just the same.

• Like 1

Cohiba Shorts were released a year ago... and now Trinidad has Shorts too!!!! I personally wish that HSA (technically not 100% HSA since machine made ones are manufactured by ICT) would focus on adding quality cigars (Corona Gorda, Robusto, Lonsdale, etc) for boosting Trinidad (and other less popular marcas like Ramon Allones) instead of this machine made cigar (I am not a fan of machine made cigars other than good ole traditional handmade ones)... But hey, Cuba is Cuba (also depends on people's demand unfortunately).

• Like 1

I do love the Puritos--but as is the case with the CoSho I was extremely disappointed to discover that these are about a half inch shorter than Puritos. I mean, jeez--Puritos are already short enough as it is. And the CoSho and TriSho are going to be priced roughly the same I'd imagine--50% higher than the Puritos. 

I found the Shorts to be just too short. If I want < 15 mins of smoking I'll stick with Minis or Clubs. Puritos can last me 20-25 mins easy. I just found it too difficult to get into the Shorts. They're almost too good to be that short. It's like a great Perlas leaving you frustrated for more.

I get more enjoyment from both Party Chicos and Monte Puritos which are very good and IMO can hold their own with the Cohiba Shorts. I'm sure the Trini Shorts are going to be very good as well.

That said, the ICT products have always been consistently good. I believe they are using scraps from very good raw materials and predominantly the best seco leaf. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, losttrailer said:

I am German . . . we don't do any kind of pranks, jokes, whatever along the lines

This is nearly 100% true............but Henning Wehn is truely fabulous! I love the German people, and they have no nerves to hit......................they simply kick the ball in the back of the net!!

• Confused 1

These certainly look interesting and a pleasant surprise from HSA. I like the Cohiba shorts but do find them a bit too quick of a smoke and often want something extra afterwards. They are great on a night out though.