Your favourite Ashtray

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All class here at work. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit:  of course if you want something that’s both commercially available and readily moved I really like this one as well.  Both work well for ash volume and protect ash from blowing in the wind. 

078240A3-F84E-4AFE-9ABC-ABEE18AFADB5.thumb.jpeg.2617c6b14f46327f18a8ee0f9bb1fe5d.jpeg

CFE14EA3-1A7E-49A8-92FF-8A8F19225B13.thumb.jpeg.0635c3c73f709274b780bc53df131638.jpeg
Edit:  of course if you want something that’s both commercially available and readily moved I really like this one as well.  Both work well for ash volume and protect ash from blowing in the wind. 

BDFE6E48-65D0-40D3-AAD7-B09F02EA92FD.thumb.jpeg.946a44a87c7974a82c5e36666a08b29f.jpeg

That last one is useless for >50 RG cigars, just FYI.

10 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

That last one is useless for >50 RG cigars, just FYI.

Only if you’re trying to cram your butt through the holes.   Ash will crumble and fall in. Lift the lid and drop your butt in there when you’re done. 

And they make similar designs (this was the first) that accomodate larger RGs too.  

5BB6BF3E-3CA0-4EF5-9E56-DA3C65E9CCC6.jpeg

Only if you’re trying to cram your butt through the holes.   Ash will crumble and fall in. Lift the lid and drop your butt in there when you’re done. 
And they make similar designs (this was the first) that accomodate larger RGs too.  
5BB6BF3E-3CA0-4EF5-9E56-DA3C65E9CCC6.jpeg.6215031965816e81d0bb3f07ed6a86fe.jpeg

It’s a pain to get the ash through the small holes and I don’t want to have to touch the dirty lid to drop the butt. That’s a fail in my book.

Thanks for showing the version with bigger holes, though - hadn’t seen that one!

• Like 1

I went a bit overboard a few years back when there was a Stinky ashtray group buy with the Toronto guys. I have the herf size on pedestal (that thing is huge!!), the regular size on pedestal, a regular polished SS, two powder coated black tall ones and the mini. The price was right and will replace them when they need to be. the pictures I got from the Stinky site. they are spread all over the house and am a bit too lazy to go picture them all :pooped:

All Stainless Steel

Stainless Steel Finish (all parts)

4stirrup_sideview13068975544de5ac923f7a0.jpg

Jet Black

Cigar-Car_Ashtray_QI13372358324fb499780a619.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

For sure the HN one I dragged home from Cuba

20180919_212123.jpg

Off topic, but how are the elegantes? 

I have a box that's calling me but I really don't want to rush it, as I do with most of my boxes. 

I'm a Monterey head and love a Perfecto so its burning me right now.

Edit: I do have an ashtray that I'd like to share a picture because its kinda cool but dont want to because it's embarassignly, insanely racist...

If you can picture the caricatured head of an older black gentlemen with a tiny Panama hat. 

The lower lip is exaggerated to the point where the lower jaw is the the ashtray bowl. You drop the butt in a hole through the hat presumably.

It's a gift from Cuba. Its lovably kitsch which I love. But the depiction  of the black person is straight little Sambo and that makes me pissed off and uncomfortable, so I never used it.

Can't bear to get rid of it though...

17 minutes ago, ponfed said:

Off topic, but how are the elegantes? 

I have a box that's calling me but I really don't want to rush it, as I do with most of my boxes. 

I'm a Monterey head and love a Perfecto so its burning me right now.

Edit: I do have an ashtray that I'd like to share a picture because its kinda cool but dont want to because it's embarassignly, insanely racist...

If you can picture the caricatured head of an older black gentlemen with a tiny Panama hat. 

The lower lip is exaggerated to the point where the lower jaw is the the ashtray bowl. You drop the butt in a hole through the hat presumably.

It's a gift from Cuba. Its lovably kitsch which I love. But the depiction  of the black person is straight little Sambo and that makes me pissed off and uncomfortable, so I never used it.

Can't bear to get rid of it though...

1st one, and young, but very good! I'll let the rest sit.....I hear ya on the wait!

16 hours ago, Phillys said:

I went a bit overboard a few years back when there was a Stinky ashtray group buy with the Toronto guys. I have the herf size on pedestal (that thing is huge!!), the regular size on pedestal, a regular polished SS, two powder coated black tall ones and the mini. The price was right and will replace them when they need to be. the pictures I got from the Stinky site. they are spread all over the house and am a bit too lazy to go picture them all :pooped:

All Stainless Steel

Stainless Steel Finish (all parts)

4stirrup_sideview13068975544de5ac923f7a0.jpg

Jet Black

Cigar-Car_Ashtray_QI13372358324fb499780a619.jpg

I currently have a normal sized Stinky ashtray that I usually just toss on the table when I'm smoking a cigar, however, that tall one looks perfect for when there's a few people sitting around the table! Looks like it even has a shelf for beers. That black extra deep goblet looking one is beautiful too. I think I need a few for my patios!