Show me your Cajon!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just picked up this Cabanas y Carbajal Cuban Compendium.  Will post better images once it's with me.  Really happy to find this, as I've wanted one of these hinged arm boxes for a long time, and so mu

Picked up this Upmann Book humidor up today.  I real beauty and in mint condition. 

Still a lot of work to do, but am enjoying saving these fellas.   All I need now is 200 RA Petit Coronas!!.   Interesting the older version has hand scored, hand cut dove tail joints, whilst the newer

9 hours ago, Jack said:

Interesting logo choice, but likely "generic" more than "diplomatic" in nature.  Mine appears identical to the one shown in "Cubatabaco - Luxurious

I wasn't aware that any crested cinco Bocas were anything but diplomatic? What makes you say that. Great find. Well done Jack

10 hours ago, 99call said:

I wasn't aware that any crested cinco Bocas were anything but diplomatic? What makes you say that. Great find. Well done Jack

It’s likely you’re correct, but without a dedication inscribed I tend to err on the side of caution, as being Cuba, anything is possible. 

30 minutes ago, Jack said:

It’s likely you’re correct, but without a dedication inscribed I tend to err on the side of caution, as being Cuba, anything is possible. 

So far I've seen Upmann, Cabanas y Carbajal, Montecristo, and Diplomatic.   Even if this was a Diplomatic that never went on to be personalised, that still pretty bloody awesome. I know I'm jealous

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, 99call said:

Picked up this Upmann Book humidor up today.  I real beauty and in mint condition.

Those books are fantastic and very difficult to obtain.  I have one Hoyo de Monterrey and that's all I've found.

On 4/7/2020 at 5:24 AM, 99call said:

Not technically a `cajon,  but happy to pick this up

Those Pickman jars are nice there's that one and the Ramon Allones.  Apparently it was a standard of the Pickman catalog as I have the same jar with a dedication for the 25th anniversary of a university graduating class!

9 hours ago, La_Tigre said:

Where o’ where do y’all find such lovely things? And do you use them to store or use as a dry box? If so, may we have pictures filled?

I do use my Aguinaldo's box for dry boxing, but it only every has 1 or 2 cigars in it, so it's not much to look at.   

As for finding stuff, it's just the internet,  forgive me for not listing specific places (its already hard enough finding things without a whole new legion of collectors out there)  but all it requires, is to think outside of the box.  If you don't find what you want in the first place you look, maybe the search terms are wrong, or maybe it's in a slightly unusual dusty corner of the internet.   

Somethings may turn up on Ebay,  but it's all about how much you want something, be eccentric in your searching   if your passionate, you will waste hours, and days of your life searching like me...........and you will find. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack said:

Those books are fantastic

Yep, the books are gems, definitely one of the parts on my collection, that I'll never sell

12 hours ago, Jack said:

I have the same jar with a dedication for the 25th anniversary of a university graduating class!

Wow,  I've never seen and old one with a dedication.  I've seen loads of the modern ones that private collectors have commissioned,  but never seen an original one dedicated

3 hours ago, 99call said:

I do use my Aguinaldo's box for dry boxing, but it only every has 1 or 2 cigars in it, so it's not much to look at.   

As for finding stuff, it's just the internet,  forgive me for not listing specific places (its already hard enough finding things without a whole new legion of collectors out there)  but all it requires, is to think outside of the box.  If you don't find what you want in the first place you look, maybe the search terms are wrong, or maybe it's in a slightly unusual dusty corner of the internet.   

Somethings may turn up on Ebay,  but it's all about how much you want something, be eccentric in your searching   if your passionate, you will waste hours, and days of your life searching like me...........and you will find. 

I understand. Collecting is a hunt. Be it EL cigars or bottle caps; so much is by chance. I mainly want a nice one for display and dry box. I do like the Libros and plan to pick up a couple of those down the road (likely the ones with cigars already in them...?)

15 hours ago, Jack said:

Not quite what you may have imagined, but still interesting.

nice work dude, lovely stuff.    I am going to start using my book to hand out cigars, when friends are round. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 99call said:

Thought you would enjoy this @Jack,  you can now see what cigars that once filled your box.  This image was taken from a 1952 Partagas catalogue. 

s-l1600 (8).jpg

Thank you! Here's hoping one of us finds a full one some day!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hoyo de Monterrey – Jose Gener Victory Cabinets (c. 1924-1931)

I haven't picked up anything in year, or so, but I'm going through some of the boxes I've had stored.

I don’t believe that I’ve posted this one before, but do forgive me if it’s floating around this forum somewhere.  I haven’t looked at it for quite a long time.  It came to me with a severe warp in the lid – something often seen (due to the exterior being sealed and the interior unfinished.)  I slowly added humidity and reshaped it with weights until the lid would latch.  There is still an obvious warp, but it has been tamed as much as possible.

Lots of questions here on this one.  First off – what victory?  Only a few years after the end of WWI, so maybe?

Also:  When was it made?  What cigars did it hold?  Price?

There is a very nice patent date mark of 7 October, 1924 on the bottom.

The U.S. Customs seal on the bottom has a signature line for “Inspector”.  This was changed to “Customs Officer” in 1931.  Hence my estimation of 1924-1931.

I was quite happy to see the original cedar dividers for the compartments still in place.

This is a great size (12” x 7” x 5”) for a desktop and would look very nice when filled with some cigars!

Note:  I'm also in the process of updating my dead photo links and just finished placing new photos on a post in a Partagas Visible Inmenso thread.

P1020638 (2).JPG

P1020628 (2).JPG

P1020629 (2).JPG

P1020630 (2).JPG

P1020631 (2).JPG

P1020632 (2).JPG

P1020633 (2).JPG

P1020634 (2).JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

Hoyo de Monterrey – Jose Gener Victory Cabinets (c. 1924-1931)

I haven't picked up anything in year, or so, but I'm going through some of the boxes I've had stored.

I don’t believe that I’ve posted this one before, but do forgive me if it’s floating around this forum somewhere.  I haven’t looked at it for quite a long time.  It came to me with a severe warp in the lid – something often seen (due to the exterior being sealed and the interior unfinished.)  I slowly added humidity and reshaped it with weights until the lid would latch.  There is still an obvious warp, but it has been tamed as much as possible.

Lots of questions here on this one.  First off – what victory?  Only a few years after the end of WWI, so maybe?

Also:  When was it made?  What cigars did it hold?  Price?

There is a very nice patent date mark of 7 October, 1924 on the bottom.

The U.S. Customs seal on the bottom has a signature line for “Inspector”.  This was changed to “Customs Officer” in 1931.  Hence my estimation of 1924-1931.

I was quite happy to see the original cedar dividers for the compartments still in place.

This is a great size (12” x 7” x 5”) for a desktop and would look very nice when filled with some cigars!

Note:  I'm also in the process of updating my dead photo links and just finished placing new photos on a post in a Partagas Visible Inmenso thread.

Stunning!   Thanks for sharing.  

• 2 years later...