Cigar Smoking at Disneyworld (Orlando, Florida, USA)

All,

Trying to figure out if it’s worth throwing my 50 ct tupperdor in the checked luggage for a week’s trip to Disneyworld? Can not find any information on smoking on the DW Property except vague references to “DESIGNATED SMOKING AREAS”. I’m really not interested cramming into a 10x10 platform next to the dumpsters with 100 cigarette smokers trying to get their fix.

Anyone have any experience firing up a Cubano at Disneyworld? 

Yes, when I was there last year we stayed in the Boardwalk area right outside Epcot.  Every night after the family went to sleep, I would go out and smoke while sitting on a bench or walking around the lake.  It definitely made the days more tolerable.  They actually sell cigars in many of the general stores but as expected I didn't see anywhere you could smoke indoors.

• Thanks 1

There are designated spots for smoking in te park but they are not convenient, and are for sig-rit smokers (no seats). The resort I stayed at was on the canal that goes to Disney Springs and there was a spot to sit and smoke a cigar. It had a bench.

Most of the Marriott and Hilton resort properties that I have stayed at in Orlando over the past 10 years have rooms available with screened balconies. Technically you are not supposed to smoke on them but in 20+ stays I have never had an issue with someone complaining. 

You could also look at booking an Air BnB if you don’t need to stay in the heart of the action. Many of the residential homes in Orlando have a screened in swimming pool/patio area in the backyard which is an ideal spot for a relaxing smoke after a long day at the “happiest place on earth”

3 hours ago, WABOOM said:

They were selling beer last October when I was there.

( Disney World Florida)

You are right. I was thinking about buying a beer and walking away. 

I think I read something about Magic Kingdom, like the following article:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/05/disney-to-start-selling-alcohol-throughout-the-mag.html

Yes, this is the ONLY store that sells tobacco on Disney property. It is actually the Disney Springs dictrict, and not one of the parks.

I was just at Disneyworld for a week about a month and a half ago.   Imagine my shock when I passed by this store:
Sosa Family Cigar Shop
You need to purchase from there in order smoke in their lounge, but that's a small price to pay to escape the heat and insanity from the parks.  

IMG_5834.thumb.jpg.de850696943e952d7405a174ed1d4634.jpg
IMG_5835.thumb.jpg.20dc3125424b1990a1c5cc36352e2d67.jpg
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kyee said:

I was just at Disneyworld for a week about a month and a half ago.   Imagine my shock when I passed by this store:

Sosa Family Cigar Shop

You need to purchase from there in order smoke in their lounge, but that's a small price to pay to escape the heat and insanity from the parks.  

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

I bought some decent cheap custom rolls in there. Also had a guy at the counter tell me I would be sentenced to 2 years in prison for buying boxes of Cuban cigars online!! Ha, that one was hilarious. Disney is pretty anti-smoking. When we stayed at one of their resorts, I would go into the parking lot where our mini-van was, set up a folding chair next to it, throw on some music and light up a Cuban and pour a glass of whiskey. Since in the parking lot at night, nobody bothered me. Now the resort we stayed at off Disney grounds had suites with a balcony off the living room and I would just smoke cigars on my balcony with a drink and my music boom box.

When I was there on business last year, I made the trek to Ybor City too (hey, it's on the way to Tampa!). There is a cigar museum there, although I didn't have time to visit it myself... 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34678-d109449-Reviews-Ybor_City_State_Museum-Tampa_Florida.html

Highly recommend you go by the Fuente brick and mortar store if you get the chance. 

Sosa Family Cigar Shop

IMG_5834.thumb.jpg.de850696943e952d7405a174ed1d4634.jpg
IMG_5835.thumb.jpg.20dc3125424b1990a1c5cc36352e2d67.jpg
Where the heck was this?! I was there I'm December and didmt find anywhere on the property :( we stayed at the bayou and walked the lake and board walk and the trails and smoked all week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Technically it's not in Disneyworld park, it's located in the Disney Springs area.  Similar to the Downtown Disney section at the Disneyland site in Anaheim.  

Buck14 - I also brought my own stash and smoked outside my hotel on one of the benches outside.  

16 hours ago, patrick_harmon44 said:

Where the heck was this?! I was there I'm December and didmt find anywhere on the property :( we stayed at the bayou and walked the lake and board walk and the trails and smoked all week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Disney Springs formerly called Downtown Disney. It is where the movie theatre, restaurants, souvenir shops are. This is not in one of the four actual parks. It is it's own entity. Another place to spend tons of money! LOL

• 1 year later...