Alex's Custom Rolls

There is obviously the Puntilla, and I know he is a fan of the Behike.  Does anyone have any experience with any of his other vitolas and what they are like?  I have seen photos of a ridiculous Double Lancero that he rolls.  I am curious about that too.

What is a double lancero!? Sounds fantastic! I just finished the last of some Carlos Fernandez "Behike blend" lanceros that were somewhere around 8.5 x 42 RG. Those were mind-bogglingly good. And riiiiiiiich...

I've had various sizes of Alex's rolled in '16 and '17. They're good, but I failed to find all of the hoopla I keep hearing about - could easily be luck of the draw with respect to the tobacco he used in those particular cigars. They're good cigars, but I'd rather have a more-reliable branded cigar and the prices I see people paying to receive these second-hand is silly. I've seen people buying bundles that are priced nearly on par with Cohibas!

7 hours ago, ayepatz said:

I can’t speak to the Double Lanceros, but the normal ones are excellent, as are his Churchills.

I can also speak for the Alex Churchill's and say that the one @ayepatz brought back put my on my arse the other sunday, April '16, I'd say these need at least 5 years down for me.

Not only is he a great guy but I love his sticks. Churchill, Sig V1, Genios, BK, Sublime , Talisman and of course Corona.

I also have some Jaw breakers from him but they need to sit a while longer as well as the new La Puntilla that I have thanks to a generous BOTL

Always a big highlight of my trips is hanging with Alex and having some cocktails. He’s also very gracious to Dana, keeping her wine glass full.?

• Like 1

I've had his Robusto, Lancero, Coronas, Lonsdales (second favorite size) but my favorite size and blend is the puntilla.  I don't think you can go wrong with anything he rolls.  He is a master roller for sure and his sticks are a thing of beauty.  

• Like 2

I just landed some puntillas, I smoked one fresh, and was greatly impressed with it. Alex is a really nice fellow, very accommodating and humble. I would highly recommend visiting him at the comodoro if you are on the island. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, steelcity said:

After smoking what I think was a "Prince" that was gifted to me from a fellow member on here and along with another unrelated forum, is the only way to purchase Alex's customs by visiting him? 

Yup. Or a Mule. He communicates through Facebook, so you can order cigars from him that way no problem.

I'm sure there is one, but I am not aware of any shipping options to get customs off the island. 

5 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Yup. Or a Mule. He communicates through Facebook, so you can order cigars from him that way no problem.

I'm sure there is one, but I am not aware of any shipping options to get customs off the island. 

He is perhaps the most accessible of the rollers. 

There are no shipping /courier /mail options to get customs off the island. 

• 7 months later...