Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Colt45

• 2 weeks later...

Problem I have with Sicario and almost every other action movie involving firearms and military is that they often Eff up minor details on uniforms, appearance, speech, logistics, procedure and basic firearms knowledge. IMHO a buck private with any pistol range experience would know that the execution scene in Sicario is pretty stupid in so many ways and Sicario is supposed to be a professional killer? Actual recoil would send half those rounds missing the guy and ricocetting down the street. Of the other half you might get one out of luck into an area of the vitals if you don't manage to shoot yourself in the face first. This was the most obvious, but the number of times I see guys sweeping muzzles of riffles etc would have gotten butt stroked by guys I served, or hunted with faster than an shock while peeing on an electric fence. 

Related image

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 4:56 PM, Fosgate said:

Problem I have with Sicario and almost every other action movie involving firearms and military is that they often Eff up minor details on uniforms, appearance, speech, logistics, procedure and basic firearms knowledge. IMHO a buck private with any pistol range experience would know that the execution scene in Sicario is pretty stupid in so many ways and Sicario is supposed to be a professional killer? Actual recoil would send half those rounds missing the guy and ricocetting down the street. Of the other half you might get one out of luck into an area of the vitals if you don't manage to shoot yourself in the face first. This was the most obvious, but the number of times I see guys sweeping muzzles of riffles etc would have gotten butt stroked by guys I served, or hunted with faster than an shock while peeing on an electric fence. 

Related image

Interesting observation @Fosgate...and a valid one.  As a civilian, those details escape me.  BUT...when it comes to movies with high tech involved (my world), I’m just like you, rolling my eyes on details like “hacking”, circumventing cyber-security systems, etc.  I’m always yelling to Mrs. Wheezy “It doesn’t work like that!”  Then she rolls her eyes.

Interesting observation [mention=17540]Fosgate[/mention]...and a valid one.  As a civilian, those details escape me.  BUT...when it comes to movies with high tech involved (my world), I’m just like you, rolling my eyes on details like “hacking”, circumventing cyber-security systems, etc.  I’m always yelling to Mrs. Wheezy “It doesn’t work like that!”  Then she rolls her eyes.

I’m with you on the tech stuff with my background in computer tech after my military service with a company that sold computers in cow spotted boxes during the transition from SCSI drives of pre Windows 95 to about 2001. I thought Lawnmower man, Hackers, Johnny Mnumonic were bad. I think I watched about 15-20min of 2015 Blackhat with Chris Hemsworth and that has to be far the worst I had ever seen. I had to turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...