Sign in to follow this  
Colt45

Sicario: Day of the Soldado

I'll admit that when I saw the trailer involved a young girl, I was a little apprehensive. My initial hunch held true, for the most part. That said, it was a good movie and held my attention, though for me it lacked much of the intensity of the first.

I agree. The first film was surprisingly captivating.

a true Merc.

Problem I have with Sicario and almost every other action movie involving firearms and military is that they often Eff up minor details on uniforms, appearance, speech, logistics, procedure and basic firearms knowledge. IMHO a buck private with any pistol range experience would know that the execution scene in Sicario is pretty stupid in so many ways and Sicario is supposed to be a professional killer? Actual recoil would send half those rounds missing the guy and ricocetting down the street. Of the other half you might get one out of luck into an area of the vitals if you don't manage to shoot yourself in the face first. This was the most obvious, but the number of times I see guys sweeping muzzles of riffles etc would have gotten butt stroked by guys I served, or hunted with faster than an shock while peeing on an electric fence. 

Related image

Was a good movie IMO.

I watched it last night, the first was better but I still liked it