Your best cigar experience of September 19

Weather here has been dreadful lately. So much rain I can’t get on my tractor to cut grass on weekends and the golf courses are unplayably saturated.  The bright side is... my son and daughter now love riding their bikes through puddles with their Dad.

Anyway... got together earlier in the month with two friends from my local shop, who I haven’t seen in a while at the house. I had a Talisman waiting for them each as we have been patiently waiting for a chance to give them a go.  While still young the cigar was phenomenal and the four pillars bloody Shiraz gin went down just as easily. A great cigar paired by great people certainly enhances the day for hands down my best cigar experience Sept. “19”. 

RASS MUR FEB '13. Didn't smoke a lot of cigars in September '18 but this cigar had me thinking  this cab was coming around nicely.

• Like 1

So, so many - September was a banner month for cigars - it seems whatever I picked up was exemplary. The honor of best, though, must go to the ULA 14 LGC MdO #4. It took 4 years, but I now understand the buzz surrounding this cigar.

Now, for September 2019, I hope my best cigar is from a late 2018/early 2019 box of HdM du Gourmet. Sure, it will need plenty of age to truly showcase its character, but I'll be content knowing this cigar wasn't discontinued and I'll be endlessly happy knowing I bought 6 boxes of this sorely-missed masterpiece!

Was actually about ready to chalk September up as a bit disappointing. Hadn't had too many truly great cigars. I'll give honorable mention to a couple of non-Cubans. Joya de Nicaragua Cinco Decadas and Southern Draw Firethorn. But easily the best of all was the Partagas E2 (UBM Jul 17)I smoked Friday night. Sensational!

Not a purist experience in terms of the exclusive focus on one cigar but... the most enjoyable by far. 

Christened the garage of my latest house with a dress up poker, a fiver of cigars to share, and a lot of whisky.

You'll see the tips of the full house in my top pocket here:

Ramon Allones Superiores, Cohiba Secretos, Romeo y Julieta Cazadores, Trinidad Reyes, Partagas Short. 

They were all good cigars chosen because I knew that they all paired well with the light single malts we had. The one I really enjoyed, that wrested my attention from the table, was strangely enough the mildest (in body) - the RA.

fidel cigars.jpg