Your favourite animated sitcom?

I remember in college, watching the Tracy Ullman show, just for the 3 minute crudely drawn Simpsons cartoon.  That was some funny shit after smoking a couple of.....umm.....cigars.  My roommate and I were thrilled when they made it into a 1/2 hour show.  To me, that show will always be the best.

But I do love Family Guy and South Park.

Don't watch much now but Simpsons then South Park. Also enjoyed Ren and Stimpy and Regular Show. Will have to check out Rick and Morty. Oh, and Milton the Monster and Cool McCool - now I'm showing my age.

7 hours ago, devilsmoke said:

Disenchantment on Netflix was a fun watch (though it started a bit slow). Paradise PD is my "Simpsons+Family Guy+South Park" guilty pleasure.

+1 for Dienchantment. It's only 1 season so far but was pretty good.

Same people who made the Simpsons.

And of course Southpark broke all the rules of civility.

And to think these guys won 5 Emmeys, 4 Tonys, and a Grammey.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bob's Burgers is consistently great, I find.

I didn't watch it for the first 3 or 4 seasons because I found it visually unappealing. Once I got used to the animation style though, I devoured the lot.

If the aesthetics made any of you guys not tune in, you should give it a shot. 

It's great.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 3:33 PM, Islandboy said:

I’ve never understood the attraction to adult animated shows....but then there’s not much on TV these days that I deem worthy anyway.  

I haven't owned a TV for about 10 years. Wifey has Netflix and we watch Game of Thrones by downloading it, but as far as plonking myself down to simply consume television - no thank you.

The only thing I miss a TV for is live sport as the computer monitor isn't huge.

King of the Hill and Archer. Older South Park and the Simpsons were great as well, but have slowly gone downhill. Although every once in a while South Park will throw something good out there. 

Ill also give another other vote for disenchantment. It is absolutely a slow starter, but I think the second season will have potential. 

On 10/2/2018 at 4:43 AM, El Presidente said:

Long day in the warehouse, cook some dinner and sit down to do some work in front of the box. 

One of the things I enjoy (and Di hates) is animation comedy.  I look forward to working in front of  King of the Hill,  Archer, Futurama,  American Dad, Family Guy,  and the Simpsons.  Back to back 2 1/2 hours and I can wrap up my warehouse summary/review. :D

Yours?

If you like Archer definitely check out Bob's Burgers.   It is also an excellent cartoon.   The weird thing about Archer and Bob's Burgers is that H Jon Benjamin's voice is so close to his VO work that it seems weird seeing him talk in commercials as himself.   Arby's hired him for their current ad campaign.