Intel on San Francisco (Meet up/Good Smoking Spots)

I live in SoCal and will be heading up to San Francisco the weekend of November 9 - 11.  I am staying at the Marriott on Columbus near Fisherman's Wharf.  Just looking for some info and seeing if anyone wants to meet up for a cigar on Friday or Saturday night.  My wife is staying home with the Kiddo's so I will be a party of 1.

1.  Good smoking spots indoor or outdoor near Fisherman's Wharf or the Marriott on Columbus?

**Edit:  The Occidental and The Cigar Bar and Grill both look good.  Thoughts on those or others?**

2.  Anyone around who wants to meet up for a cigar?

I will bump this post closer to my trip if its too early to make plans.

Thank you,

Jeff

You basically found the two remaining indoor spots in the city. Both highly recommended.

Let us know when your plans are finalized. Several members in the area.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lotusguy said:

You basically found the two remaining indoor spots in the city. Both highly recommended.

Let us know when your plans are finalized. Several members in the area.

Plane tickets are purchased and hotel reservations are made.  I will be free and up for a smoke or several Friday afternoon/evening November 9th and Saturday November 10th after 6pm...and will be hanging out smoking both evenings :)

Love to meet whoever can make it to either spot either night.

The Occidental. Period. I take a smoke there any time I am in SF. Laid back, unpretentious. Great solo or in a group. BYO friendly ($5)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It can just get very crowded on a weekend - it’s not exactly a big place.
  • Like 1

I work in SF every weekend, I am off sometimes Fri evenings. I have been meaning to go check out some of the cigar bars around as I usually just smoke at my house. I have heard good things of the ones people recommended above. 

• Like 1

See if you can get a pass at the Wingtip if you want to get a little fancy. They have 2 smoking rooms in the club that are fantastic, and deliver cocktails to you while your smoking. I had a BBF and a old fashioned combination there that was one of my most memorable cigar experiences...just unreal! 

• 4 weeks later...

** Bump **

I am planning on being at the Cigar Bar & Grill on Friday, November 9 from around 6pm until (my until is about 9pm :))

I just wanted to see who might want to meet up?  I will see about making the appropriate reservations if possible to make it easier to get a table for anyone who might want to come have some food/drink & cigar.

Who's in?

I'm not in town then, but concur on all three choices and will add the University Club if you can hook up with a member.  The balcony off the bar has a lovely view and chairs.

Wingtip is the high end experience on your list, and the bar selections there are outstanding.

Cigar Bar has live music on most nights, and you're steps away from epic dining in North Beach.  Take the wife to Tosca's for dinner (Columbus and Vallejo) or Bix (Gold Street between Montgomery and Battery) and then you can stroll over to the Cigar Bar.  Seating is outdoors in a cozy, protected courtyard so even a reasonable non-smoker would not be overwhelmed.

You can also smoke outside of Specs bar just up the block from Tosca's; it has it's own mini courtyard; but unfortunately the cigarette smokers will likely complain about your cigar and chase you out of there.  Or maybe it was because I was wearing a suit? :thinking:  San Francisco does like to judge books by covers sometimes . . .

Love the Occidental as well, but it is a very small bar with only high stools to perch on.  I always stop there, but just letting you know it's not a lounge experience like the other options.

All of these stops will also have lunch time hours too.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 9:41 AM, HarveyBoulevard said:

** Bump **

I am planning on being at the Cigar Bar & Grill on Friday, November 9 from around 6pm until (my until is about 9pm :))

I just wanted to see who might want to meet up?  I will see about making the appropriate reservations if possible to make it easier to get a table for anyone who might want to come have some food/drink & cigar.

Who's in?

Still happening? 

I am planning on arriving at the Cigar Bar and Grill around 6 p.m. tomorrow afternoon. I am going to grab a table on the patio and anyone who wants to show up, feel free. No worries if you can't make it but anyone who can, it would be great to hang out.

Harvey Boulevard aka Jeff Bullard 

** Shoot me a PM and I can give you my cell phone number so you can text me if you get there.

5 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I am planning on arriving at the Cigar Bar and Grill around 6 p.m. tomorrow afternoon. I am going to grab a table on the patio and anyone who wants to show up, feel free. No worries if you can't make it but anyone who can, it would be great to hang out.

Harvey Boulevard aka Jeff Bullard 

** Shoot me a PM and I can give you my cell phone number so you can text me if you get there.

I'll be there at 4 pm, so I can grab a table. I've got 2 or 3 guys meeting me there, so we should have a decent number.