Holiday pairing?

I’ve tried it and wouldn’t recommend it. The creaminess of the eggnog coats the inside of your mouth and dulls the flavor from the cigar. I suppose if you were to add enough rum to thin out the eggnog considerably, that could work better. But I’d try it with a cheaper, more powerful smoke. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Scotch&Stogie said:

I’ve tried it and wouldn’t recommend it. The creaminess of the eggnog coats the inside of your mouth and dulls the flavor from the cigar. I suppose if you were to add enough rum to thin out the eggnog considerably, that could work better. But I’d try it with a cheaper, more powerful smoke. 

Maybe not if you go half nog and half booze(lol), thats the only way I see eggnog working.... 

15 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

Other thoughts?

Yes.....

Christmas is almost a quarter of a year away - I'm not even considering Thanksgiving or halloween yet. That said, I can't imagine any kind of milky, creamy beverage with cigars. For me, hold the nog, all spike.

Totally agree with @BrightonCorgi! I've made the Swedish mulled wine, glögg, for several years and it's a great hit.  Tips: use bourbon as the kicker, and do the mulling in your slow cooker.  Provide a ladle and let your guests serve themselves.  I could see cigars with a hot cup of this mixture, but never eggnog.

If you like drinking equal parts milk fat and sugar, then leave the cigars out of it.... unless you are just burning a domestic. The only thing I’d be inclined to try is spiked cider, light on the spices.

1 hour ago, Colt45 said:

Yes.....

Christmas is almost a quarter of a year away - I'm not even considering Thanksgiving or halloween yet. That said, I can't imagine any kind of milky, creamy beverage with cigars. For me, hold the nog, all spike.

I've enjoyed lattes, horchata, and more with cigars! To each their own.

25 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

While a latte is made with steamed milk, it is surely a coffee drink, which for me certainly would not clash with a cigar. I've no idea what horchata is, but if it is anything close to eggnog, I can't imagine I'd smoke a cigar while drinking it.

10 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

While a latte is made with steamed milk, it is surely a coffee drink, which for me certainly would not clash with a cigar. I've no idea what horchata is, but if it is anything close to eggnog, I can't imagine I'd smoke a cigar while drinking it.

It's a sweet drink made from rice milk and cinnamon. Though I do not care for it when it is overly sweet.

5 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Horchata is a far cry from egg nog.  Horchata goes with just about anything.

8 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Yes.....

I'd agree except that there's a large contingent of cigar smokers who prefer chocolate milk while smoking.  Which is why I though of eggnog- because I love the stuff.  Actually, same goes with wine.  People rave about wine and cheese being such great pairings, but fruit is better since the cheese coats the tongue and dampens tasting ability.  I typically drink water.  I don't care for bourbon, scotch, or whiskey, but I like rum and tequila.  Gin is downright vile- sorry if that offends anyone.  It doesn't matter that Christmas is three months away, the grocery stores start stocking eggnog mid to late October.  I know it's like drinking pure cream and cholesterol, but damn it's good...

Horchata isn't commonly found around where I live in Alabama but I have drunk a Yoohoo with a cigar and it was a pretty darn good combo.