a thing of beauty

I feel bad saying this, but I actually bought one of these the other day when Boveda mentioned it on their Instagram. I'm a sucker for French made cigar cutters for some reason.

Does anyone have a link so I could pick up one of those cutters? It looks really unique. I've got an soft spot for cool cutters (conversation starters). That's why I got my shuriken cutter. It doesn't even work that amazingly. But I have it. :)

I always think a cutter with one blade tares the wrapper, would like to try before I buy, it’s lovely.

It usually does - there is one Facebook guy with a very similar design (and price) and in his demo video the cutter clearly squeezes the crap out of the cigar. I wouldn’t take it for free... SMH

I always think a cutter with one blade tares the wrapper, would like to try before I buy, it’s lovely.

Yes, single blade cutters are not ideal. The only good ones were cheap Havana cutters available for single digit prices (pic attached). Unfortunately, not available anymore. It’s crucial that the blade contact the cigar at a steep entry angle. Otherwise, it pinches the cap. I have found a larger one on eBay, but not as smooth as the black Havana cutter. 66b80be4ac947b76e83ea09764f46f07.jpg

If you really want a flashy cutter (that can’t travel through airports).... I would buy a really nice pocket knife.
  • Like 1