Steak Place in Omaha

So I have to go to Omaha in two weekends for work and looking to have a good steak one night.  I'm not much of a beef eater, but hey, when in Rome ...

Any good suggestions?  Are there any places I can enjoy a cigar after my meal?  

That's my point; I might as well indulge while I'm there.  What's a good place downtown?  

I'll second the Johnny's. There are a good number of steak places there. My buddy likes 801 Chophouse but you're gonna drop some cash there. Kinda depends on the atmosphere/amount of money you are willing to spend.

I will add that we go to Omaha at least 3 times a year and every time we go we stay at the Old Market district. We love the Jackson Street Tavern and there is a great bar called Mr. Toad. There is also a place to smoke cigars called Havana Garage. All within walking distance. Have fun!

Bring an Omaha native and currently living here I would say there are a few different options for good steak depending on the $$$ you’d like to spend.

Jackson Street is very good and reasonably priced, but top of the line is Omaha Prime. It is around the corner from Havana Garage. Think Morton’s or Ruth Cris’ but all that beef is from about 90 miles north of Omaha. 801 is a trendy spot with great food as well. These are all in the Old Market.

If you looking for something a little out of the downtown area you can always try Anthony’s Steakhouse on 72nd Street. Iconic restraint for Omaha. Johnny’s is in South Omaha off of Q street.

Let me know if you are looking for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Bring an Omaha native and currently living here I would say there are a few different options for good steak depending on the $$$ you’d like to spend.

Jackson Street is very good and reasonably priced, but top of the line is Omaha Prime. It is around the corner from Havana Garage. Think Morton’s or Ruth Cris’ but all that beef is from about 90 miles north of Omaha. 801 is a trendy spot with great food as well. These are all in the Old Market.

If you looking for something a little out of the downtown area you can always try Anthony’s Steakhouse on 72nd Street. Iconic restraint for Omaha. Johnny’s is in South Omaha off of Q street.

Let me know if you are looking for more.

Thanks.  Off the steak but keeping to the beef, any places that do a good braised beef dish?  

If I had to pick, I'd go with braised beef over grill/seared beef any day.  

Thanks.  Off the steak but keeping to the beef, any places that do a good braised beef dish?  
If I had to pick, I'd go with braised beef over grill/seared beef any day.  

Honestly I don’t know. Not usually something I’m looking for in menus when going for beef. Sorry!