Good reasonable priced cutters?

I purchased a xikar one for around $45 and it works phenomenally for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the xikar Vx2 and really like it. It's heavy duty and heavy in the hand. Cigar Page has them for under $30 . I paid close to $40 still worth it at that price.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, multi-useless said:

Xikar X8 and Palio are both great guillotines; can't speak for the V-cutter

Palio is garbage since it was bought out by Quality Importers. Design of the cutter changed (much cheaper materials/workmanship) and they have sporadically stopped honoring the lifetime warranty.

Stick with Xikar.

• Like 2

Straight Cut

Perfect Cutter by Cuban Crafters {Lifetime warranty] pending on model $20 bucks, but they have sales all the time.  Yes this is the same cutter that BG uses.

V Cut (In reality there are only really 2 choices which are worth your money, and the main difference is the depth of the vcut)

Xikar v cutter {Lifetime warranty} = a shallower v cut

Colibri V-Cut (2 year warranty} = a deeper v cut  (My personal choice, but to each his own)

• Like 3

Straight Cut
Perfect Cutter by Cuban Crafters {Lifetime warranty] pending on model $20 bucks, but they have sales all the time.  Yes this is the same cutter that BG uses.
V Cut (In reality there are only really 2 choices which are worth your money, and the main difference is the depth of the vcut)
Colibri V-Cut (2 year warranty} = a deeper v cut  (My personal choice, but to each his own)
+1 for Cuban Crafters Dos Chabetas :-)

나의 SHV-E300S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

Definitely the Colibri V-Cut for me.  $35 bucks, stays reasonably sharp, and cuts deep (but you can also cut shallow with a little skill from your hands).  It's hefty, feels premium, and does great cuts for a good price.

13 hours ago, rk1900 said:

Straight Cut

I can't recommend the Perfect Cutter enough, I've had mine going on 7yrs now, I use it almost daily. 

I had the Colibri V-cut, and to me it cut way too deep. I sold mine for the new Xikar (I also have an original) that I like much better, and also the Lotus V-cutter is really nice. 

• Like 1

There was a Xikar straight cutter that I thought had slight serrations in the blades.  It looked awesome but I haven’t seen it around.  Anyone know the model?

I would recommend the Xikar X8. Great cutter, and I got mine for under $10 on Cigar Auctioneer. Have one at home, and one in the car. 

As for a V-Cutter, the only I've used that I feel is worth a rec is the Colibri. Great, deep cuts. They're not cheap, but they're not really that expensive either. Love it.

I have gone to a xikar for both v and straight cutters as I dont get the furry cut. I have and enjoy the colibre v but for some cigars it is to deep and takes out the cap. If Im home I have lots of choices but if im out I take two xikars. You can get a good cutter under 30 on the auction sites but check Amazon as the prices are almost the same unless you follow the others very closely. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:55 AM, Oscar300 said:

A Xikar is hard to beat, but if your after a desk top one, these are a good buy.

Scorpion Table Top Desk Cigar Cutter Guillotine & V Cut Large 4 Sizes - Silver

This cutter looks absolutely fantastic! What make/model is this?