Another Mareva Recommendation: PLPC vs BPC vs Monte #4

Petit Corona is one of my favourite sizes (others are Robusto and Corona Gorda so far) and I really like Cohiba Siglo II (94 points) and Partagas Shorts (93 points) as a staple. However, I found there are some good PCs like PLPC and want to hear your opinion for PLPC vs BPC vs Monte #4.

Note. I will try Trinidad Reyes also in near future (Fundies too) . Also, it seems that my mind is strongly inclined to PLPC for another mareva collection since it gets many love on forum (although need some serious ageing)...

13 minutes ago, crking3 said:

You can smoke them right away after acclimatization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are amazing with age. I have some that are 8 years old that I forgot about. They are sublime now. 

5 hours ago, ShortFatHokie said:
Right now - No. 4
Short term - BPC or No. 4
Long term - PLPC, BPC, or No. 4
3 hours ago, JY0 said:
PLPC for me young and aged. I like them both ways. The best Mareva I’ve ever had was rolled fresh by Alex in Havana. It’s incredible. 
3 hours ago, RijkdeGooier said:
For me:

PLPC - 5 years plus
BPC - 3 years plus
Monte 4 - now but much better 5 years plus
3 hours ago, crking3 said:

You can smoke them right away after acclimatization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 hours ago, JY0 said:
They are amazing with age. I have some that are 8 years old that I forgot about. They are sublime now. 
2 hours ago, jwr0201 said:
PLPC hands down!  

Thanks! I am planning to age all kind of cigars as long as possible :-). Is Montecristo 4 worth to visit? Coz there are too many bad reviews for monte 4 compared to bpc and plpc...

나의 SHV-E300S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raskol said:

Will be in KL next month. I know what to bring then if timing is good. :D

?Sure thing! I have a plenty of time in November (from 3rd week of November)!!! Hope that we will meet soon (still in Sri Hartamas) ?

6 hours ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

Thanks! I am planning to age all kind of cigars as long as possible :-). Is Montecristo 4 worth to visit? Coz there are too many bad reviews for monte 4 compared to bpc and plpc...

Many people, myself included, seem to think the Monte 4 is worth a visit.

As far as I know the Monte 4 is the best selling Cuban cigar world-wide from amongst the premium marcas. 

Given the volume produced it is important to get a good box, since quality can vary across vendors  

4 hours ago, RijkdeGooier said:

Many people, myself included, seem to think the Monte 4 is worth a visit.

As far as I know the Monte 4 is the best selling Cuban cigar world-wide from amongst the premium marcas. 

Given the volume produced it is important to get a good box, since quality can vary across vendors  

Seems that I need to get Monte 4 or Petit Corona sampler (and other cigars) from El Pres sooon as I saw too veiny, varying wrapper shaded Monte 4 and PLPC (even BPC and Trini Reyes also...) in local B&M!!! ?

By the way, in Korea most of B&Ms recommend Cohiba Siglo II, RyJ No.2 and Monte 4 (Davidoff 2000 for NC) to beginners which is different from FoH (we also recommend minuto and reyes as well as marevas to newcomers) imho.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RijkdeGooier said:

For me:

PLPC - 5 years plus

BPC - 3 years plus

Monte 4 - now but much better 5 years plus

This seems like a good guide line to me. All three can be exceptional cigars. I've had some pale, rough, and just plain ugly BPCs that were phenomenal cigars at about 3 years.

• Like 1

This seems like a good guide line to me. All three can be exceptional cigars. I've had some pale, rough, and just plain ugly BPCs that were phenomenal cigars at about 3 years.
This +1!!

I've got a few boxes of AEM MAY 14 Monte 4 and they are smoking on another planet. Boxes like these are part of the reason that this is my favorite cigar. Milk chocolate, sweetened coffee and the texture of the smoke is like breathing in creamer.

Bolivar Petit Corona is also another favorite of mine. It's very bold and in your face and keeps your attention for 50 minutes to an hour. Rich, dark coffee, earth, leather. Great now, but better later. Their robust nature gives a lot of edges to the flavor profile that tend to even out in a few years time, but it will always be a flavor powerhouse and hefty in strength.

Por Larranaga Petit Corona are another one of my favorite cigars. When they're young they taste like burnt popcorn coated with burnt brown sugar. A tad bit of earthiness to them, but an almost sweet earth, think portabella mushroom's. I've yet to smoke one at 5 years of age, but I've got a cab at 3 years of age and it's for sure improved over time. Still prominently burnt popcorn, but the burnt brown sugar flavor seems to be morphing into a candied popcorn flavor.

I love all 3 cigars and keep a healthy stock of each, so it's hard to say which one is the best. I'd say buy a box or two of each and see how they each do over time!

• Like 1