What's Hot, What's Not : "Tales from the warehouse" September 18

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Quai D’Orsay no 50 (10’s and 25’s)  They probably should have been in the list last month but as a recent release, we held them out to see if they would maintain the exceptional quality. They have MSU JUL 28

QDO cigars so rare now that Rob is getting them from the future.  ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BinBin said:

Thank you so much for doing this. I can't believe i asked and this happens like a day later. unless it had nothing to do with my post. I thank you anyways. this always always a great read.

It was well under way but you prompted me to post up. :clap:

You know what I love? 

When you get that email from the FOH sales department with the invoice for that box of SCLH El Principe you ordered Friday. 

Now to settle down and read ol' Rob and his Tales From the Warehouse thread.... I like to keep up on what's hot and, especially, what's NOT hot down there...

?

8 minutes ago, ponfed said:

You know what I love? 

When you get that email from the FOH sales department with the invoice for that box of SCLH El Principe you ordered Friday. 

Now to settle down and read ol' Rob and his Tales From the Warehouse thread.... I like to keep up on what's hot and, especially, what's NOT hot down there...

?

We appreciate your order :D

I am sure the team  weeded out the wheat from the chaff :cigar:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

We appreciate your order :D

I am sure the team  weeded out the wheat from the chaff :cigar:

Yeah no big deal. You buy your ticket, you take the ride.

I mean they're sub par,  it's not like they're laced with poison, right?

Right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ponfed said:

Yeah no big deal. You buy your ticket, you take the ride.

I mean they're sub par,  it's not like they're laced with poison, right?

Right?

You may be very surprised on the upside ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love this series of posts. Is the "what's hot, what's not" specific to the stock FOH is receiving or does this apply generally to these marcas/vitolas across the globe?
Rob has sources that inspect all cigars leaving Cuba. I'm sure he can tell you what the quality is like around the globe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Rob has sources that inspect all cigars leaving Cuba. I'm sure he can tell you what the quality is like around the globe. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Let me rephrase that question so it's easier to understand... does this "what's hot, what's not" have any correlation to what the quality of a particular vitola is like in the market in general? For example... if FOH got an amazing batch of Fundies, how likely is it that Fundie quality is good across the board right now vs. FOH just got very lucky and got a particularly good batch and it's possible and/or likely that the rest of the Fundies around the world are complete trash?

1 minute ago, rabidraccoon said:

Let me rephrase that question so it's easier to understand... does this "what's hot, what's not" have any correlation to what the quality of a particular vitola is like in the market in general? For example... if FOH got an amazing batch of Fundies, how likely is it that Fundie quality is good across the board right now vs. FOH just got very lucky and got a particularly good batch and it's possible and/or likely that the rest of the Fundies around the world are complete trash?

Sounds more like playing the lottery as these guys here seem to separate mastercases by PSP, HQ, etc...which is why I am very thankful for 24:24 so most of the time, you know the exact quality and what to expect. You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

It's a bell curve of quality. There's always trash and always pristine beauties. Some codes are known to have better quality, but duds are always present. If it hasn't been looked at before purchasing, it's a gamble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

4. You need to let cigars rest, some you need to age, some you don't.  You can't get to know your tastes without smoking multiple cigars (of varying types, ages, wrapper's) over multiple years. There are no shortcuts. 

One thing that I have found to 100% improve my experience is letting my cigars rest.  Prior to joining this site, I had no idea how much that would improve my smoking experience.  Its a completely different experience for me now.  Thanks FOH!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mtd057 said:

One thing that I have found to 100% improve my experience is letting my cigars rest.  Prior to joining this site, I had no idea how much that would improve my smoking experience.  Its a completely different experience for me now.  Thanks FOH!!

It is imperative.

3 months ago I purchased a cab of RASS before really trying any. I had a few singles from elsewhere previously and the first one was great, the second and third were awful. So I gave up on them, few weeks went passed and I tried another it was great. I kinda gave up on the cab of RASS I had delivered thinking they needed many many years of age - tried one the other day and they are beautiful and they are only April 2018's. A few months of rest makes a massive difference.

• Like 2