Question regarding RyJ Pc’s

Looking to add a box of these to my stash, do they represent the r&j line well enough? Also will these withstand aging/resting, from my research they seem to be on the fuller side (3-6 yrs)? Thanks in advance! 

Yes and no to both questions.

I think there are at least two distinct flavor profiles within the vast RyJ lineup.  I find the PCs, the Belicosos and the Ex 4 to have a similar flavor DNA, while the Churchill varieties and the Cedros are from two other parts of the family tree--to me anyway.

I like the PC and in my experience they are good to go right away--no need to wait.  I am part way through a second box of EAG May 15 which I bought from Rob in early 2016. I bought them as I was building up my PCs, to bridge the gap while HUPC, Coloniales and PLPC were gaining some age.  The first box was gone in 3 months; they were like popcorn.  Long pause to start the second box and they are doing nicely but I miss the youthful snap. I would guess that they will mature gracefully for the next couple years but I do not expect them to be something where aged nuance will necessarily develop. Buy PLPC if that is the goal and smoke these up in the interim.  

• Like 2

Represent how? They have the classic RyJ profile. If the PC is on I always find it packs a little extra punch with the flavor, body and strength then RyJ usually does, but I find them a bit inconsistent.
I like most cc with 3-6 years so I don’t know if I’m the right person to answer but I will say this, the PCs I smoked were heaven when they were 5 years old, really rich and complex, and if my aging knowledge isn’t of, they should exceed well beyond your 6 year limit.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 9:23 PM, foursite12 said:

I find the PCs, the Belicosos and the Ex 4 to have a similar flavor DNA, while the Churchill varieties and the Cedros are from two other parts of the family tree--to me anyway.

I agree with the PC and Ex 4 but to me the Beli is much stronger and an outlier. I'd put it in the Cazadores/Cedros/Petit Churchills group. 

I think the Churchills are in line with the first, lighter group. Maybe a tiny bit fuller than the Ex 4 and PC. 

Certainly, the Mille Fleurs would be about the lightest RyJ I can think of. I think the Ex 3 is also pretty light. 

Personally, I find recent Belvederes to be a very good representative of RyJ. A bit richer than the PC but not tannic like the Cedros or Petit Churchills and lots of the cherry.