New cannibis rules in good ole Canada

So its "legal" now up here. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Personally I just think the Gov. just wants the $$$. Still can't buy beer in a corner store though........

Didn't take long for the antics to start though.....lolhttps://www.facebook.com/stephen.firlotte/videos/10160955093330293/

Biggest issue I see is no real accurate way to test for impaired driving.

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver? The drunk driver runs the stop sign.  The stoned driver... waits for it to turn green.  Thank you, thank you. I’m her

Sentimental thought perhaps but not true.  Being high on cannabis alone impairs one's driving ability.  It slows reaction times.  It impairs attention.  I don't want to be on the road with anyone unde

They've been on the road with you this entire time... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The "impaired driving" is apparently those who both drink alcoholic beverage AND smoke the weed too. It's been observed by folks who monitor that kind of thing that people really high on their reefers - and that in their system only- do not have that many car accidents; it might take them 3 weeks to get to their destination across 5 city blocks, but they don't run into anybody, huh? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Still can't buy beer in a corner store though......

Yeah that's your province though.

Here we have beer and wine in corner stores, gas stations, supermarkets....

It felt so weird when I went to an ontarian supermarket for the first time. I was looking for the beer fridge and not understanding why the stock boy didn't understand when we asked where the beer fridge was...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cigcars said:

The "impaired driving" is apparently those who both drink alcoholic beverage AND smoke the weed too. It's been observed by folks who monitor that kind of thing that people really high on their reefers - and that in their system only- do not have that many car accidents; it might take them 3 weeks to get to their destination across 5 city blocks, but they don't run into anybody, huh? 

Sentimental thought perhaps but not true.  Being high on cannabis alone impairs one's driving ability.  It slows reaction times.  It impairs attention.  I don't want to be on the road with anyone under the influence of alcohol, cannabis, or any other mind-altering substance that impairs driving ability.  Just my opinion though.

• Like 4

Yea.  The driving thing is a problem.  But they will probably come up with something.  Hopefully.
I suppose reefer madness will be spreading all over now.  :innocent:
Is field sobriety testing only for alcohol? My understanding is that my state you can get a DUI even with no alcohol in your blood (weed, pills, street drugs, sleep deprivation). If you display signs of impairment.

Sentimental thought perhaps but not true.  Being high on cannabis alone impairs one's driving ability.  It slows reaction times.  It impairs attention.  I don't want to be on the road with anyone under the influence of alcohol, cannabis, or any other mind-altering substance that impairs driving ability.  Just my opinion though.

They've been on the road with you this entire time...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

Tax money they think they'll get won't be as big IMO in the long run.  Black market growing and selling will be rampant for much less than store prices.  Pot shouldn't be legal for taxes, it's other reasons why it should be legal...

14 hours ago, ponfed said:

Yeah that's your province though.

Here we have beer and wine in corner stores, gas stations, supermarkets....

It felt so weird when I went to an ontarian supermarket for the first time. I was looking for the beer fridge and not understanding why the stock boy didn't understand when we asked where the beer fridge was...

Lots of Supermarkets have beer and wine now in Ontario. Only a matter of time before corner stores and gas stations do as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WABOOM said:
9 hours ago, anacostiakat said:
Yea.  The driving thing is a problem.  But they will probably come up with something.  Hopefully.
I suppose reefer madness will be spreading all over now.  :innocent:

Is field sobriety testing only for alcohol? My understanding is that my state you can get a DUI even with no alcohol in your blood (weed, pills, street drugs, sleep deprivation). If you display signs of impairment.

It's like that in AZ

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I get more stoned from a Partagas P2 than I do from most weed.

I find it interesting that cigar smokers don't consider tobacco just as much of a drug as marijuana.

Really? That's surprising. You must be smoking some terrible weed lol...

And yes, any kind of impairment through substances will or should bring about DUI charges

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I find it interesting that cigar smokers don't consider tobacco just as much of a drug as marijuana.

Tobacco does not have the same properties as cannabis. ..not sure what kind of skunk you've been smoking...

it's called tolerance.

been smoking weed for 25 years.

been smoking cigars or 2.5 years.

folks who have been smoking cigars for a very long time don't remember how powerful tobacco can be.

strong cigars make me nauseous, dizzy, and more impaired than weed does. now that weed is legal, and we can discuss these topics, my strain of choice is a blueberry juicy fruit cross.

don't forget tolerances can go many ways. Cuban cigars can pack a punch.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

*Hey HEY HEEYYY!!! :ziplip: SHHHH!  Don't give the enemies of our beloved leaf more ammo to give us grief, and interfere with our ability to enjoy OUR favorite plant!!! :cigar:

19 hours ago, LLC said:

Lots of Supermarkets have beer and wine now in Ontario. Only a matter of time before corner stores and gas stations do as well. 

You think so? I haven't heard of any talk other than supermarkets?

On 10/18/2018 at 11:05 PM, cigcars said:

You are absolutely incorrect. Studies: Car accidents up in Colorado, other states with legalized recreational marijuana (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjw99XBppXeAhWFt1MKHRXGBYUQFjADegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fkdvr.com%2F2018%2F10%2F19%2Fstudies-car-accidents-up-in-colorado-other-states-with-legalized-recreational-marijuana%2F&usg=AOvVaw0fGhX_IcH-3faTQMxYz9b6).

45 minutes ago, Esteban77 said:

I think most people know the scene with the super high character driving super slow thinking they are speeding is a trope.   Cannibus does impair you while driving just like alcohol.   I am not sure as much but you are still impaired.  With it becoming more legalized we will have more studies.  I find it super disingenuous that that this article uses a crash where the person is not only under the influence marijuana but also sedatives as an example where it is discussing higher rates of car crashes in states that legalized recreational marijuana.   Also the fact that this crash took place in a state where recreational marijuana is illegal.  In the end most crashes are from people distracted/impaired be it alcohol, prescription drugs, marijuana, or using a smart phone.

• Like 1