24:24 to store's ratio

The 24:24 is awesome- I don't need to tell anyone here that.  Beyond the offerings themselves and the descriptions which just pull you in is the sales format.  It's not necessarily a sale.  Offerings are often not known until the sale is posted.  The response is fanatical.  Did you anticipate such a response when you first started it?  How does it compare with just buying things from the online storefront?  When I joined FOH just a few months ago, I didn't envision getting pulled into yet another cigar forum.  Based on recommendations and reviews I made a purchase from the store.  Received them in a timely manner- check.  No mold- check.  No haggard cigars- check.  Nothing suspect about the boxes or cigars- check.  So I dig a little deeper into the site and find a genuine community- awesome.  I snagged a couple of the 24:24 offerings today.  I went to my favorites list on the online store to scratch them off (bought the CoRo and 898s today, they weren't mere impulse buys).  As I scanned the rest of favorites list I wondered how many I would buy vs. wait until they popped up on 24;24 and wondered in general, what percentage of purchases were made from the 24;24 vs the store.   If that's proprietary info I don't mean to pry- was just curious.  I could easily see this sales approach being applied in many different other stores and businesses. 

Thanks

Incidentally, I haven't even visited the the 4 other cigar forums I used to frequent since becoming a member of this site.  Keep up the great work.  

• Like 1

Personally, the vast majority of my purchases are from 24:24. I've bought maybe half a dozen boxes from the store over the last three years, usually when there's a voucher on the go. I know this isn't exactly what you were asking but I think it's not unusual. 24:24 is fun, store buying is more calculated and businesslike.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

42 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

This here is the big one for me.  Nothing like a bunch of fuzzy mold on your expensive cigars to motivate you to start looking around for another seller.  

Even Rob comes across boxes with a dusting of mold. It is inevitable. But you are forewarned and have the choice to buy or pass.

Feel basically the same as the OP. And to add, I have been nothing short of ecstatic on the customer service from Di and the other people I have emailed. You would think that being on the complete other side of the world, with completely different times would be difficult. But I get responses (pleasant ones at that) faster that some places within my own zip code. Really is a great place and I am happy to be learning here. 

• Like 1

I don't mind a dusting of surface mold.  I've received some Culebras that were more mold than cigar however- and from a well known and accepted sources (not FOH btw).

I don't mind it on cheese either.  There is a threshold however.  A point where you just say, "no mas."

On 10/23/2018 at 8:31 AM, Ritch said:

I haven't used the store once - I really like the convenience of just emailing Diane and it being sorted... I like the personal touch and the ease of it.

I think is it. The lack of checking out....and merely just emailing Diana. Which in a sense is really bad.....so easy to spend so much.