Aristocrat Humidor Shopping

Well Gents, Flying into Dallas on Friday to spend some time with my son, haven't seen him since I moved him to the city in May. I'm going to have a couple hours to kill before he gets out of work and decided it would be a good opportunity to check out my options and purchase a nice humidor. I talked with Bob this morning and will be meeting with him early afternoon, to go over wood, doors, trim and size. I live in mid Michigan, house temp ranges from 68* to 72* year round, so I plan on forgoing the temperature control option. I am looking at the Aristocrat Plus, Plus 48 and would like some real life information on the actual number of boxes that will fit into each unit and any suggestion that you may have. I would also love to see some pictures from members of their Aristocrat humidors.

Thank you in advance,

Dave

PS, my son has set up a tee time for the following in Globe Life Park. Should be fun!!

https://www.stadiumlinks.com/

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is being delivered from Bob on Thursday of this week.  I ordered June 25th. 

Make more room if you can and go as large as possible, but whichever you choose, you will love it....Highly recommend pull out shelves, glad I have them.  Mine is a M+ THC. Have tinkered with the idea

It is a little overwhelming and confusing when I go on to their website, the way all the options and accessories are presented.  Would love to see pics of the aristocrats as well!!! My favorite look is with the slanted shelves to display open boxes

13 minutes ago, Silverstix said:

It is a little overwhelming and confusing when I go on to their website, the way all the options and accessories are presented.  Would love to see pics of the aristocrats as well!!! My favorite look is with the slanted shelves to display open boxes

That is just to give you some ideas. The man will make whatever you want. You can design your own and he will build it for you

25 minutes ago, jackupster said:

Buy one bigger than you think you need....you will thank me later!

Largest I have space for is the Plus 48. Wish I had more room.

23 minutes ago, Silverstix said:

That is why I'm taking the time to stop in. I really want to see the wood options in person. My floors are a Mountain Grade Brazilian Cherry and the color goes from almost a white maple to a dark cherry. Bringing my wife for the color selection.

25 minutes ago, golf4less said:

Bringing my wife for the color selection.

Thats smart!

I've almost talked my wife into this as well and she has her preferences for colors.  I personally dont care what color it is as long as I get one.

27 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Make more room if you can and go as large as possible, but whichever you choose, you will love it....Highly recommend pull out shelves, glad I have them.  Mine is a M+ THC. Have tinkered with the idea of selling it and getting larger. Decided to just keep it and add another.

20160105_192421-1.jpg

20181001_182132.jpg

Looked up the size and I might be able to make it fit. I would like it in our family room, kitchen, dining area (large open floor plan) but If I put it in the living room, I can go as big as I want.

13 minutes ago, stogieluver said:

As TBird said, go larger than you think you need and I wish I had ordered pull out shelves.  

My M+.  No temp control because my house stays a constant 70 dF year round plus or minus a degree or two. 

I don’t know how many boxes there are but you can double the number you see due to each shelf being double stacked front and back.  I keep my inventory on an excel spreadsheet and  note what shelf and front or back on each box.  

E74CE1E1-BE3A-41D0-A7DD-04D31FF4E449.thumb.jpeg.fa39c31cc1b3460189e2460620ed3dff.jpeg0012B47E-BBA0-4721-86EA-8CEB05436FD4.thumb.jpeg.65c4f477ff4f576ba77d7bebe3000c3e.jpegBFFCD23F-42BC-4D72-83C4-3B531DA4270A.thumb.jpeg.73f91da60ee9c33b7c8ef8d36daf897d.jpeg

Really like the black lacquer with the wood inset, but part of me wants to be able to look over and see my stash. Truly appreciate the pics, will show the wife when she gets home. 

I can see by the pictures that pull out shelves are a must have. I would not have even thought about that without the FOH community.

2 minutes ago, golf4less said:

Really like the black lacquer with the wood inset

It looks black but it is “mahogany” color and turned out much darker than the color I chose from the website. I thought it would be more of a “redish” color. It was the only slightly disappointing thing about it. Still love it though. 

6 minutes ago, golf4less said:

Really like the black lacquer with the wood inset, but part of me wants to be able to look over and see my stash.  

Might be a good thing the wifey can’t see the stash growing as a daily reminder. ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stogieluver said:

It looks black but it is “mahogany” color and turned out much darker than the color I chose from the website. I thought it would be more of a “redish” color. It was the only slightly disappointing thing about it. Still love it though. 

Looked at the pics on my laptop, I can see the reddish hue to the wood now. Here is a small sampling of the wood floor that covers my entire living room, kitchen and dining room. Wife is a little concerned about finding something that "fits" with the floors.IMG_4649.thumb.jpg.139ae58d4d09ff7bac1f84b0defc3ab6.jpg

9 minutes ago, golf4less said:

Looked at the pics on my laptop, I can see the reddish hue to the wood now. Here is a small sampling of the wood floor that covers my entire living room, kitchen and dining room. Wife is a little concerned about finding something that "fits" with the floors.IMG_4649.thumb.jpg.139ae58d4d09ff7bac1f84b0defc3ab6.jpg

That's different for sure. I think the best route is to buy something that either matches the dark hue or the lighter hue, not both.

8 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

I placed my order for an M Plus 25D THC a couple weeks ago. But I’m still debating whether I should go with the glass doors or solid wood. Based on the hot climate here in SoCal, Mr Staebell recommend I go with the solid wood doors to maximize the life of the cooling unit. However, I prefer the look of the glass doors. Does anyone living in a hotter climate have cooling issues with glass doors? 

I don't think you'll have cooling issues, but the unit itself will work harder. So it won't last as long because it'll be running longer than if you had solid doors. It's all personal preference. I'm sure costs are negligible to fix/replace anyhow.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stogieluver said:

This is the color I thought I was ordering. 

A76AB31D-AEF5-446A-B2F8-C4EBAA8B7E88.jpeg.d3d291ec0ef880dfcc9813f09318d3e1.jpeg

That is absolutely beautiful. Going to be a tough decision on solid or glass doors. 

5 hours ago, golf4less said:

Well Gents, Flying into Dallas on Friday to spend some time with my son, haven't seen him since I moved him to the city in May. I'm going to have a couple hours to kill before he gets out of work and decided it would be a good opportunity to check out my options and purchase a nice humidor. I talked with Bob this morning and will be meeting with him early afternoon, to go over wood, doors, trim and size. I live in mid Michigan, house temp ranges from 68* to 72* year round, so I plan on forgoing the temperature control option. I am looking at the Aristocrat Plus, Plus 48 and would like some real life information on the actual number of boxes that will fit into each unit and any suggestion that you may have. I would also love to see some pictures from members of their Aristocrat humidors.

Thank you in advance,

Dave

PS, my son has set up a tee time for the following in Globe Life Park. Should be fun!!

https://www.stadiumlinks.com/

I have spoken with Bob but not met him in person.  He was a real gentleman and you'll probably have a great time.

I purchased one of his Aristocrats and I live in Ohio, so similar climate. Mine stays very perfectly at 61-62% humidity and I keep my house at 69 and so far it's been perfect.  Still need a few days dry boxing but i couldn't be happier with it.  

9 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

Yeah that’s what Mr Staebell explained to me. I think he said the cooling unit will last 3-4 years with glass and 5-6 years with wood. And the cooling unit cost around $600 to replace I think he said. 

Love my glass doors, and getting only a couple of yesrs more before replacing cooling units is negligible. Especially when you are protecting 30 - 40k in cigars. (Older pic)

20160718_165125.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Love my glass doors, and getting only a couple of yesrs more before replacing cooling units is negligible. Especially when you are protecting 30 - 40k in cigars. (Older pic)

20160718_165125.jpg

I've moved some things around and it looks like I can comfortably fit the M or M+ into the room and my wife likes the looks of these more than the Plus 48 unit. So that is that ?

• Like 1