The most times you've watched something.

I've been thinking about the most times I've ever watched a movie or TV show.  I've watched plenty of movies and shows a couple of times.  I've watched what I considered excellent movies four, and in some cases, five times.  I was thinking about this because I realized tonight that I've watched Ratatouille at least- and I'm not exaggerating here- at least 50 times.  I pick my son up from daycare- he's 16 months old- and he loves that cartoon.  So much so that no matter what, if he's crying, if he's in the middle of playing with toys, that when Ratatouille comes on it has his undivided attention.  He's completely enamored with that cartoon.  Others not so much.  Maybe it's the style of animation.  Boxtrolls is a close second- have probably seen that at least 40 times, but I think he actually likes it better and it'll soon take first place. I've got to get this kid interested in something else to watch...

So, what's the most times you've ever watched something?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Christmas Vacation essentially plays on repeat between Thanksgiving and Christmas every year, at least 50 times.  Watching this movie on mute is still funnier than most other movies. 

I watched Tombstone 32 times.....”Johnny Tyler where you going with that shotgun?”.....” Why, Johnny Ringo you like somebody just walked over your grave.”

Rocky Horror Picture Show. 50+ And listened to the soundtrack with audience participation hundreds of times.

I still remember back to when I was still a big kid, first moved out of home, living with mates. I think we watched the Monty Python movies and flying circus series so many times that we could quote them ad-infinitum. Same with Star Wars (the original trilogy) movies, and the Star Trek series (mostly next gen). We were all budding muso's back then in the day, so rock operas like Pink Floyds The Wall, Tommy, and Rocky Horror used to get lots of screen time as well.

3 minutes ago, IanMcLean68 said:

I still remember back to when I was still a big kid, first moved out of home, living with mates. I think we watched the Monty Python movies and flying circus series so many times that we could quote them ad-infinitum. Same with Star Wars (the original trilogy) movies, and the Star Trek series (mostly next gen). We were all budding muso's back then in the day, so rock operas like Pink Floyds The Wall, Tommy, and Rocky Horror used to get lots of screen time as well.

Lot of classics there.  I'm sure I've watched several of those more times than I can remember.  

I still know the lyrics to The Philosopher Song, so I must've watched my fair share of Monty Python.

16 minutes ago, cigarsandcoffee said:

I watched Tombstone 32 times.....”Johnny Tyler where you going with that shotgun?”.....” Why, Johnny Ringo you like somebody just walked over your grave.”

Val was classic in that flick.  He made that movie.

Oh yeah, and, "I'll be your huckleberry."

*SpongeBob Squarepants with my little niece to the point of numbness on my part - I ended up liking very much Squidward...and wanting to commit murder with Patrick Star, and SpongeBob. 

The last film, which I once again watched with children - MouseHunt 1997. And I was surprised to discover a new funny episode, which I did not notice before-the scene on the Cuban post : -) and this scene is very full of Cuban cigars :-)
07a7480bc389cdffc38ad92d7448e73d.jpg

i'll often simply tape stuff to have on in the background when i am at home working or pfaffing about.

but every year, i'll weaken and sit down and watch notting hill and love actually. just feel good stuff for that time of year. bill nighy in love actually is brilliant. 

star wars, the original, a fair few. animal house, blues brothers. no doubt many more. godfather. 

I've been thinking about the most times I've ever watched a movie or TV show.  I've watched plenty of movies and shows a couple of times.  I've watched what I considered excellent movies four, and in some cases, five times.  I was thinking about this because I realized tonight that I've watched Ratatouille at least- and I'm not exaggerating here- at least 50 times.  I pick my son up from daycare- he's 16 months old- and he loves that cartoon.  So much so that no matter what, if he's crying, if he's in the middle of playing with toys, that when Ratatouille comes on it has his undivided attention.  He's completely enamored with that cartoon.  Others not so much.  Maybe it's the style of animation.  Boxtrolls is a close second- have probably seen that at least 40 times, but I think he actually likes it better and it'll soon take first place. I've got to get this kid interested in something else to watch...
So, what's the most times you've ever watched something?
Been there, probably only in the 20ct though. Having Netflix my kid would watch shows over and over again. Phineas and ferb is one that I've probably seen every episode at least 3 or 4 times over the last 4 years. The show is pretty funny.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

God Father 1 and 2. It’s in the hundreds. In the winter I’ll putz around my man cave with a cigar and the GF playing in the back ground.

Sometimes I’ll even pop open a fine bottle of Mogan  David??

• Like 2

If the original star wars trilogy, the godfather 1 or 2, or shawshank redemption is on in watching it 

Only exception to that is if the Vikings or bison are playing a game

• Like 1

Star wars, shawshank, green mile, terminator 2, aliens, the road warrior(thanks Australia) all have been watched more times than I could count.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I forgot about Predator...  The famous handshake; seen it million times...  [mention=30918]prodigy[/mention] reminded me about that with his Terminator 2 mention...
Yup, predator is on my list as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk