Wineador help!

Tiger

Leave it unplugged unless your temps are way out of range. If they stay between 60-80 you’ll be fine. Get the cedar shelves and a bunch of RH beads and you should be good to go. I put some LED strip lights in mine. 

125D312A-AB4D-4E05-97CF-678F90A24FEE.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, busdriver said:

This is the path I have been thinking of for my wineadors!  Mine keep RH okay but would prefer ? % consistency.

mind sharing where you got the cedar?

Spanish cedar veneer from an online retailer, it’s quite thin, and easily cut to size with normal scissors.  Temp and humidity is very stable. I will see if I can post a link.

Attached are images showing graphs of temp and humidity stability, granted I’m cropping and selecting the best data, but only to show the consistency that is possible, I’m cropping out box opening and thermostat adjustments, and times where I’ve left the boxes out of the wineador for organizing.  

Humidity recovery is also cropped and shown since I’m guessing that’s your primary interest in the wood, however, without the luxury of multiple samples, and knowing other variables, the utility of this recovery graph is questionable.  The multiple up/down spikes are due to the tupperdor being outside the wineador and me opening/closing the lid a few times during inventory/organizing. It also looks like I moved the sensor from a 65% tupperdor into my 58% tupperdor at the same time, and the cigars are releasing water faster than the 58% Boveda can uptake it.  We can look at this further, more scientifically, if it’s of interest.

DCC44CB3-B92B-4C68-9F4F-4A1BEC862336.jpeg

017BD1F4-3776-4FA1-A07E-305A8B40A074.jpeg

7853294E-90AD-44A1-BFFA-01627273EEF3.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 8:41 PM, busdriver said:

This is the path I have been thinking of for my wineadors!  Mine keep RH okay but would prefer ? % consistency.

mind sharing where you got the cedar?

Spanish cedar veneer 12sq ft

https://www.amazon.com/Spanish-Cedar-Sq-Veneer-Pack/dp/B00310RLQM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543633718&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=spanish+cedar+veneer+12+sq+ft&dpPl=1&dpID=51uhagI1CdL&ref=plSrch

• 2 months later...

Hi, i converted my wine cooler last summer and it's worked out great. In the winter months I keep it unplugged and in the summer if it gets warm I keep it at the highest setting, 66 I think. I drilled a hole to plug in some LED lighting, as Ribeye stated, it surprising how a small hole will vary humidy. Once plugged, good as gold. 

IMG_0063.JPG

• 1 month later...

I have two wineadors that I leave unplugged. Have about 2 lbs of Petsmart KL at the bottom in a shallow tray and works great. For aging, I have a freezador with 5 Iris weathertight containers containing about 18 boxes each on average with a Sensor Push and 2 Large Bovedas and so far, so good- about 2 yrs. Use an external temp control for the Freezador.

• 4 months later...