Favorite Desktop Humidor

Riverstyx

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I couldn't find it when I searched.  Also, which ones would you steer clear of?

I have absolutely no need of one (I have several larger storage units), but with my birthday and Christmas coming up...I'm thinking what the hell.  Maybe I'll get one to keep out in public with a few dozen or more cigars in it.

Good question.  This is something I am interested to hear from others about.  I like the idea of a nice, small "on deck" box.

I currently use the Boveda large acrylic humidor.  It is pretty (though perhaps not very classy) and has an excellent seal.

4054-21.jpg

Daniel Marshall, and Diamond Crown, also look nice, but I've yet to fondle either of them in person.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Timothy556 said:

Hands down the best I have ever owned or seen are by Waxing Moon. 

I feel the same.  I recently acquired a monstrous 600 ct waxing moon humi.  Still seasoning it.

• Thanks 1

I’ve used Savoy. The may err on some cosmetic details but they’ve proved to be reliable. 

• Thanks 2

I found 2 huge dunhill humidors on Ebay when I first started. They are awesome!8cb274bb38914453b73d731259f751d4.jpg46962da0a8262ff5c36d9bc9687b0a1b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

I found 2 huge dunhill humidors on Ebay when I first started. They are awesome!8cb274bb38914453b73d731259f751d4.jpg46962da0a8262ff5c36d9bc9687b0a1b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Nice Dunhills.  I’ve been lucky with old Decature Industries humidors from eBay, all wood not like the later ones.  Decent finish, nothing fancy but held rh very well.

i have Tupperdores as well but there is just something about wood..

• Thanks 1

Gentilli.  Have had one for almost eight years now and there's just no bothering the RH - holds steady even when we leave the windows open for days on end.

• Thanks 1

I can tell you what NOT to get...Promethus. I have a 100ct rosewood model for my office and its been useless.  The first two I ordered showed up with major flaws in the work. The third try seemed to be ok workmanship wise but after a year I still cant keep humidity where it needs to be because the seal is terrible...thus I have 5 or 6 crap cigars and no smoking for me at the office. It was 600 bucks so it wasnt cheap but it wasnt top of the line either... just not worth it anyway you slice it...should have went with the Daniel Marshall for 200 bucks more...bought one of those as a client gift and he really likes it...

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mbflash80 said:

I can tell you what NOT to get...Promethus. 

I would not buy an Promethus branded product.  Anything under that brand (related to cigars) has been poor quality in my experience

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I use my desktop for dryboxing. Its a Siglo 75 stick that I actually won on FOH many moons ago. Its a stunner. I forgot what the heck The contest was. I still have a custom rolled that I won from one of the premier rollers and of course I forgot the name of the roller. I should smoke that one. Was waiting for a special event. Maybe waking up on this side of the dirt is a special enough event. The other small unit my kids had made for our cabin up north.

3E7F2431-A25D-402E-8D57-7DB94904A6F6.jpeg

9679E4FE-FB20-4F9F-AE2F-0C76581CDF67.jpeg

• Like 1