Regionals and Limited Editions

I stayed away from EL’s for years because my tobacconist in St Martin said it’s just marketing hype. But so many were raving about the the Monte Sublimes I got a few boxes. Back then I think the production run of EL’s was much higher. They would come out at full price then after a few weeks they would go on sale, then a few weeks later they would drop the price again, making them rather affordable...when I would buy? I like Monte EL’s because they remind me of what Montecristo used to taste like before the leaf change. I shop by size and being a old smoker I’m not really a large ring gauge lover, unless there’s some length to go along with the girth. Short fat cigars are like smoking a road flair to me....so HSA has saved me lots of money? I like the Trinidad Ingenios, RJ Dukes, RA Extras and Club Allones, Cuaba Piramides....two small ones...Mag 48’s and Hoyo Short Piramides.

I did just get a box of Capuletos...smoked 1 and it was delicious. 1 box of Talisman because of cognac and Rob saying it tasted like a great PL?

Living in California and not have tons of sources RE’s are harder to track down.....probably a good thing! PL is one of my very favorite brands so I do try and find them because until recently a PC was the big boy for the brand. So I have gone after the Encantos, Valiosos, Regallas de Londres, Legendarios, Belicosos and Sobresailentes.....yes I’m a PL whore. I hit the Celestiales Finos hard because I love RA and the shape. The JL 4 is just so tasty I jumped on them. If HSA goes back to making these cigars in a lonsdale I’ll be in trouble....fat chance!

5 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Seleccion Privada--really? They have some in the LCDH in Dubai.

Yeah, let me just swing on by and grab some on the way home...

LCDH Dubai doesn't have a website and who knows how much it is to ship from there, or what the price is for the cigars, or if they even ship at all. And Dubai is a fairly out-of-the-way location for most people. 

I would classify LCDH Dubai as very much off the radar and in the virtually impossible to find category. 

I also have access to some boxes but they are similar to LCDH Dubai accessible and in the $450 range.

So I should have said virtually impossible to find. 

5 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

And the Topes are becoming regular production, though right? So no worries there.

That will be a different cigar, like the PSD5 EL to the current standard production PSD5. 

And the regular production version may differ significantly from the EL version. For one thing, the regular production won't have the aged wrapper.

1 hour ago, Lucass111 said:

So what's the word on the other 2018 LE? I know the Tacos are out but what about the other 2. Any information on them. Availability or price point? Curious about the Bolivars.

The Bolivar Soberanos look to have just been released. Pricing will vary depending on location. The UK pre-sale price is £269 ($353.25), while they were released in HK for nearly $56 USD/each. Craziness. I have yet to see the H.Upmann Propios, which is the last one for 2018.

There are some outstanding LE's. There are some outstanding regionals. 

There are some very average ones (just going through the motions) in the mix as well. 

If unsure, singles are the go. Box splits even better. 

Beware of people consistently quoting absolutes  such as "all are " . 

• Like 1

There are some outstanding LE's. There are some outstanding regionals. 
There are some very average ones (just going through the motions) in the mix as well. 
If unsure, singles are the go. Box splits even better. 
Beware of people consistently quoting absolutes  such as "all are " . 

Hey Prez, when you do expect to receive the Boli EL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1