Partagas Short ALT MAY 13 Smoke and drink Pairing review

I'll admit I've been diving into this box while I add to the aging collection quite a bit since I got it from our host.  Partly because it's far and away the oldest CC's I have, but also because I've really grown to love these little buggers.  Once I sort out a proper storage solution (hello Aristocrat) I can definitely see a few cabs of Shorts being a must in my regular stocks.

When I turned 40 I decided I couldn't keep drinking shite alcohol.  Bud Light and Southern Comfort were set aside and I went on a big tasting spree to find things that I liked.  Things that were ... well, if not distinguished then at least a little more aligned with my age and career.  My scotch of choice has been Glenmorangie since that tasting spree, and this is the first time I picked up the Nectar D'Or.  Delicious.

These party shorts have all had great construction so far and good draws.  The first third I got a little spicy pepper and sourdough.  The the rest of the cigar that spice remained, and the Nectar D'Or played off it nicely.  Puff, spice, tobacco swirling around head.  Sip, fruity, sweet ... and a little more spice under there.  Overall a great pair, and perhaps I should keep the bar stocked with this scotch along with these cigars!

IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7012.jpg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, joshhooper7 said:

Glennmo 10 year is the best scotch for the money in my opinion. Nectar is also excellent, it's a must have!

I completely agree. I love the 10 year as well and consider if a bargain, price-wise. Never tried the Nectar but it sounds like a winner too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cayman17 said:

I completely agree. I love the 10 year as well and consider if a bargain, price-wise. Never tried the Nectar but it sounds like a winner too. 

Definitely sweeter, but to me still strongly in the Glenmorangie camp.  Not sure it's worth 2x+ a little bit more than the 10 year, but I like the Nectar D'Or

• Like 1