Aristocrat or Avallo?

talumn

Im looking for some help making up my mind. Im definitely getting a temp controlled unit but can't make up my mind on the manufacturer. I have hear great thing about both and the pricing isn't that much of a difference. I don't want to get caught up in models so much but generally speaking is Aristocrat better? Avallo better? or is it just personal preference because they are both high quality cabinets?

Thanks

Have you checked out Vigilant? I’m looking at all the options right now, there’s a lot I like about Vigilant. Maybe others can weigh in. 

• 3 months later...

So Bob leaving the humidor building section of his business has made of my mind and I reached out to Matt at Avallo. He was very nice to deal with and I’m looking forward to receiving my cooled 2000. I’m curious to know if anyone uses passive humidification as well like putting a pound of heartfelt beads on the humidor as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Staebell but the guys I know with Avallo cabinets have nothing bad to say.  Solid control unit, well made.  I will say I've been using the SensorPush temperature and humidity sensors and really like them.  Super accurate (easy to salt test / calibrate) and the data is nice to have.  Reasonably priced, easy to recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/SensorPush-Wireless-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Android/dp/B01AEQ9X9I

I have one in the top, and one in the bottom of my cabinet.  Really pleased with the info.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 4:54 PM, selpo said:

Shame Bob is not doing the cabinets anymore but did hear very good things about Vigilant as well as Avallo. Congratulations and please post pictures when it arrives.

Will do. Should receive it around mid April.

2 hours ago, BBS said:

I have a Staebell but the guys I know with Avallo cabinets have nothing bad to say.  Solid control unit, well made.  I will say I've been using the SensorPush temperature and humidity sensors and really like them.  Super accurate (easy to salt test / calibrate) and the data is nice to have.  Reasonably priced, easy to recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/SensorPush-Wireless-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Android/dp/B01AEQ9X9I

I have one in the top, and one in the bottom of my cabinet.  Really pleased with the info.

Thanks. I have a sensor push in my desktop and plan on ordering another one when I receive my Avallo. Its pretty simple and the app is pretty clear.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, mtd057 said:

I ordered a Triple D from Matt in April and now I'm playing the waiting game.  

When did you order yours? 

I ordered in February. Matt is super busy. When you receive it we wanna see pictures.

2 hours ago, talumn said:

I ordered in February. Matt is super busy. When you receive it we wanna see pictures.

I will post them as soon as it arrives.  I understand how busy the guy is but the anticipation is killing me!!

8 minutes ago, mtd057 said:

I will post them as soon as it arrives.  I understand how busy the guy is but the anticipation is killing me!!

I know the feeling. I was buying cigars and storing them in boveda bags in anticipation of filling this up.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:56 PM, talumn said:

So I finally received and un pack my cooled 2000 from Avallo. It came packaged very nice and after un boxing it turned out great. I will post a couple more pictures when it’s filled. The white things are 1 pound bags from heartfelt industries 

AD0DB0CD-1901-4415-A79A-5510B4C65A9C.jpeg

9D12F449-A2E1-4B57-B81E-DB4DBCFDD479.jpeg

9879F70E-3979-4E0F-BACC-11E229EEE628.jpeg

hello am reciving the same humidor next week, what beads are you usine HF65% and what humidity are you getting with this

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 4:30 PM, talumn said:

I’m using 65% beads. Humidity swings from 66-70%. I live in south Louisiana where humid stays kinda high. 

even with the cooled and humidity system you are still using beads? I thought they were designed to not use them. 

I ordered my unit in July. I just feel like he is in over his head with units. Too take work and not stick to a actual time frame is bad business. What he should do, is have more of a social media presence. And have a date, were he says taking orders for Avallo's to be on a 12 week time line accepting 10 orders. And then dont take any for 3-4 months so he can build them. He told me 12 weeks. And I am seeing the average is like 20+ 

The cooling portion of the unit makes the humidity swing a bunch so I put beads to help. 

Matt is a small business owner doing the best that he can. He does great work and I didn’t get upset when he took longer than expected because I knew I was getting quality work.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, talumn said:

Matt is a small business owner doing the best that he can. He does great work and I didn’t get upset when he took longer than expected because I knew I was getting quality work.

Thats the same way I see it - I ordered in April and I am still waiting.  He was straight with me from the start and told me he was swamped.  He said he would try but I should not expect the normal turn around time. I would love to have it tomorrow but I am ok waiting because I know it will be worth the wait

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mtd057 said:

Thats the same way I see it - I ordered in April and I am still waiting.  He was straight with me from the start and told me he was swamped.  He said he would try but I should not expect the normal turn around time. I would love to have it tomorrow but I am ok waiting because I know it will be worth the wait

If you ordered in April it should be close to shipping. Post some picture when it arrives