Sign in to follow this  
talumn

Aristocrat or Avallo?

Im looking for some help making up my mind. Im definitely getting a temp controlled unit but can't make up my mind on the manufacturer. I have hear great thing about both and the pricing isn't that much of a difference. I don't want to get caught up in models so much but generally speaking is Aristocrat better? Avallo better? or is it just personal preference because they are both high quality cabinets?

Thanks

Have you checked out Vigilant? I’m looking at all the options right now, there’s a lot I like about Vigilant. Maybe others can weigh in. 

I haven’t heard of Vigilant but I think I will stick with these two. But will check out the site because this is a long process for me to decide.

So Bob leaving the humidor building section of his business has made of my mind and I reached out to Matt at Avallo. He was very nice to deal with and I’m looking forward to receiving my cooled 2000. I’m curious to know if anyone uses passive humidification as well like putting a pound of heartfelt beads on the humidor as well.

Shame Bob is not doing the cabinets anymore but did hear very good things about Vigilant as well as Avallo. Congratulations and please post pictures when it arrives.

• Like 1

I have a Staebell but the guys I know with Avallo cabinets have nothing bad to say.  Solid control unit, well made.  I will say I've been using the SensorPush temperature and humidity sensors and really like them.  Super accurate (easy to salt test / calibrate) and the data is nice to have.  Reasonably priced, easy to recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/SensorPush-Wireless-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Android/dp/B01AEQ9X9I

I have one in the top, and one in the bottom of my cabinet.  Really pleased with the info.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 4:54 PM, selpo said:

Shame Bob is not doing the cabinets anymore but did hear very good things about Vigilant as well as Avallo. Congratulations and please post pictures when it arrives.

Will do. Should receive it around mid April.

2 hours ago, BBS said:

I have a Staebell but the guys I know with Avallo cabinets have nothing bad to say.  Solid control unit, well made.  I will say I've been using the SensorPush temperature and humidity sensors and really like them.  Super accurate (easy to salt test / calibrate) and the data is nice to have.  Reasonably priced, easy to recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/SensorPush-Wireless-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Android/dp/B01AEQ9X9I

I have one in the top, and one in the bottom of my cabinet.  Really pleased with the info.

Thanks. I have a sensor push in my desktop and plan on ordering another one when I receive my Avallo. Its pretty simple and the app is pretty clear.