Pulp Fiction...

MoeFOH

9 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Zed's dead baby....

By the way, Steve, I like your watch  :wink2:

Thanks, Ross. I don't know if you have any idea what my father had to go through to get me that watch, I don't have time to go into it right now, but it was a lot...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dobbs said:

true romance was written by tarantino. influential guy, for sure, but then he gives us two kill bills. that should have been one good movie rather than two overly-violent, mediocre ones.

only an opinion of course.

-dobbs

Yeah, I love the two KB's, but at times they feel like an extra effort is required to sit through them again. Never get that with Pulp. That said, they contain some of his best work. I can't agree that they should have been made into one movie, but they could be tighter, yes. And I do agree about the gratuitously violent stuff... Pulp & Reservoir (even Jackie Brown, which I feel is underrated) did a great job of balancing that out, not overstating it... In later works, I always feel he went over the top at some point. Case in point, Django, which is a cracker of a film till the bloodbath at the end--it was already sufficiently violent, it didn't need 20mins of exploding bullet wounds, etc. Hateful 8 the same. Though, it was better at the end... I guess what I feel is unnecessary is that exaggerated explosion of blood and heads and whatnot... That ruins it for me. Seems like a cheap attempt at thrills and shock value... Take poor old Marvin's demise in Pulp--you don't see the victim, just the gun go off and the blood splatter. Incredibly effective. Much more effective than watching a head explode...

But, as you say, just an opinion. : )

Very keen to see what Once Upon A Time In Hollywood has to offer. 

• Like 1

Hard to quote this movie because of the Samuel L Jackson element.  At one point (and maybe still) I could quote every line in the movie.
I think '******' is a very close 2nd.

I absolutely love the movie ******. I meet very few people who appreciate this film. I think it is cinematic GOLD.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I remember the first time I saw it in the theater, when Marvin was shot I laughed out loud till my gut hurt. I was the only one. Made me wonder if there was something wrong with me. Second time I saw it like a week later, same theater, again, I knew it was coming, and still laughed. Game changer movie, a masterpiece and GOAT class movie for certain.