Sistema boxes

MD Puffer

I've long since run out of humidor space (time three actually...with an accumulative capacity of "800").  Quotes because humidors are like gun safes.  Take the advertised number of capacity and divide by two.   Anyway, rather than buy a very large capacity commercial-style humidor (eg, Aristocrat, Avallo, etc), I just buy Sistema boxes, set 'em and forget 'em.  

But boy are they pricey for a plastic box.  I keep them on my Amazon wish list and check periodically looking for price drops- which they currently have so I ordered a couple of more.

These people have a real racket.  I think they've caught on to the fact that a lot, maybe most perhaps, of they're boxes are being used as tupperdors so they keep the price jacked on those things.  It's nice that two cedar trays fit in there perfectly however.

• Like 1

I hear ya on the price! LOL Systema is all I use, they have zero plastic odor, stack nicely, seal well enough, and inventory is compartmentalized to confine a mold or beetle outbreak, though I acknowledge both are unlikely. And the storage system grows with inventory when more Systema containers are purchased.  It works well for me, for now. And I like the different sizes available.

I needed more room, so I just bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VAOCVM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Along with a lid. Was looking for food grade as the non-food grade Sterlite containers have too much of a plastic smell even after repeated wash-downs and weeks outside in the sun to break down the volatiles. Hoping this'll hold some overflow and not have any odor. Already have a Havana Foot locker, two humidors, and 4 other tupperdors, this makes 5 tupperdors. I have buying issues....

• 3 months later...

Iris weathertight containers- available at Amazon or the Container Store in the US, multiple sizes and works very well. Use them in my freezador and the 42 qt size holds about 16 boxes and 2 large Boveda packs and still perfect after 2 yrs

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 7:14 PM, MD Puffer said:

I just buy Sistema boxes, set 'em and forget 'em.  

But boy are they pricey for a plastic box.  I keep them on my Amazon wish list and check periodically looking for price drops- which they currently have so I ordered a couple of more.

These people have a real racket. 

The price fluctuation of the Sistemas is infuriating.  I went to purchase one a few days ago, and they were $28—now they're $9.99!!!

I passed and went with a product called Lock & Lock.  It's slightly smaller than the Sistema, but it comes with an included drain tray which I arrange my sticks on.  Bovedas and a few sheets of Spanish cedar fit pretty nicely underneath.  At $22 at the time of this post, it's still relatively expensive for what it is.  The size of the Lock & Lock is 11.85 x 7.4 x 3.7; the Sistema is 14 x 10 x 5.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Spurgeon said:

Found a couple of the 236 oz Sistemas at TJMaxx for $9.99. I snapped them up quick!

Nice find!

I've found some great deals on Sistema at Home Goods as well.  My wife always wonders why I've run off and am spending so much time in the tupperware aisle.

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, superman0234 said:

They're back to 9.99 on amazon.  Were 39.99 a couple weeks ago. ? Glad I waited to buy 

https://www.amazon.com/Sistema-Microwave-Collection-Noodle-31-7oz/dp/B00284AG5U/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=sistema+236&qid=1579444958&sr=8-1

Thanks for the heads up - these work well for me

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 9:17 AM, nKostyan said:

This is the cheapest food product sealed container of 10 liters and priced at $ 2. I use for aging cigars of the domestic market of Cuba, which cost 2 cuc per pack of 25 pieces
6fdc6b9fbf684ceab5875f51cf57b7cf.jpg732ed26fb21a8a629b89afb972829605.jpg

Those don't look sealed though? The sistemas are great as they have a rubber gasket that makes them water/airtight. Can't beat 9.99! 

Those don't look sealed though? The sistemas are great as they have a rubber gasket that makes them water/airtight. Can't beat 9.99! 

There's a special lock. I have been experimenting with «pesos» for more than a year - the tightness is acceptable.
Of course, the lock&lock system looks more reliable.