RH and Temp

On 11/16/2018 at 4:47 PM, hunterbeav said:

Wow 58%......seems like Cubans from what I've read do better at lower rh levels....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jim when I first started with Cubans I had all kinds of issues from plugged cigars to cigars burning like crap. Ever since I've started dryboxing the percentage of problems I've had are close to 0. I haven't used my perfectdraw in months. 

I also have to mention you should let any new cigars you get in acclimate for 60 days before smoking. Although I always tend to break my own rules and smoke one right off the truck. 

• Like 2

Jim when I first started with Cubans I had all kinds of issues from plugged cigars to cigars burning like crap. Ever since I've started dryboxing the percentage of problems I've had are close to 0. I haven't used my perfectdraw in months. 
I also have to mention you should let any new cigars you get in acclimate for 60 days before smoking. Although I always tend to break my own rules and smoke one right off the truck. 
Thanks for the advice Fitzy

• 2 weeks later...
For me that explains it. They were obviously dry before going in and a few days won’t change that. You should leave them in there at those settings for at least 30 days but ideally 60-90 days and I think they would be just fine. 65% is more than enough, I’m normally around 60-62% at 67-69f. 
I'm going from boveda 65% packs to 62% and keeping temp at 69 df....I've noticed some of my cc are burning a little weird....like they are damp....this is all new to me my non cc are great at 69% to 70% ....

• Like 1

I believe that a lot of NC cigar smokers who try CC cigars are disappointed with them, because they store them at the same humidity as NC cigars. Which gives you problems with plugged cigars, burn issues, bitter flavor, ect..
I'll only be disappointed for a little while.....lol
It's definitely a horse of a different color though...Thanks T

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hunterbeav said:

I'll only be disappointed for a little while.....lol
It's definitely a horse of a different color though...Thanks T

Good luck and enjoy the journey.  The more I learn about CC, the more I realize what little I know. 

Have you salt checked your hygrometer to see if it is reading correctly?
No salt...to inconsistent....boveda 75% calibration kit.
I also have a boveda sensor in my wineador and 1 in my humador. I also have separate hygrometers in both. They all read within + or - 1 point of each other.

Also with the boveda sensor I can read them from my phone..

I'm using boveda packs in everything, 69% in my NC, and presently using 65% in my cc but switching to 62%.

“Years ago, London cigar merchants wanted to store their cigars at about 55 percent humidity, producing what was known as the classic, dry British style, according to the late cigar merchant Tony Anderson.” Source: https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/old-havanas-7789

1 hour ago, looseleaf said:

“Years ago, London cigar merchants wanted to store their cigars at about 55 percent humidity, producing what was known as the classic, dry British style, according to the late cigar merchant Tony Anderson.”

.... there's a reporting in an older footage about the old Robert Lewis shop, London (today Fox), of once having dropped a box of cigars selected for Sir Winston - wrappers were all gone....