Floral Notes

Trini coloniales with a couple of years on them. Cake like floral sweetness abounds. I wouldn't directly call it floral. But I think you'll like Quai D'Orsay Coronas. Creamy portage oatiness, with tannic cedar. Touches of anise. Vanilla. Just amazing

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 99call said:

I wouldn't directly call it floral. But I think you'll like Quai D'Orsay Coronas. Creamy portage oatiness, with tannic cedar. Touches of anise. Vanilla. Just amazing

Thank you for help. Good start

11 hours ago, TomF said:

Yes! The Medaille D'Or #4 is wonderfully floral.

This one was just mentioned on another forum. I’ll add to list. Thank you

12 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

For me, Rafael Gonzalez has always been the king of floral. 

Perlas had a slight note for me. But I’ve only smoked that one and only 

24 minutes ago, crking3 said:

I recently had a RG Perlas 2011 and was very impressed with it.....dark coffee predominated and the smoke was super soft a creamy ......didn’t pick up any floral characteristics tho.....maybe I’m just not attuned ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience is that the floral notes disappear with age. That seems to hold for all cigars. 

My theory is that the volatile compounds that evoke floral notes are really unstable and break down with age.

Same thing with the fruitiness in SLR Regios. 

Just me experience though. YMMV.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ponfed said:

My experience is that the floral notes disappear with age. That seems to hold for all cigars. 

My theory is that the volatile compounds that evoke floral notes are really unstable and break down with age.

Same thing with the fruitiness in SLR Regios. 

Just me experience though. YMMV.

I can tell you that I had one of @PigFish's early 2000s RGCE last year and it was off the charts floral. 

15 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I can tell you that I had one of @PigFish's early 2000s RGCE last year and it was off the charts floral. 

Whoops... well that's a data point that puts a big ol hole in my theory.....

Is there anybody on this forum that has a background in organic chemistry and that could give us a clue about these aromas and flavors like fruitiness or floral. You know, things that you wouldn't think you would get out of burning tobacco?

Outside of lakeland style  pipe tobacco, I never got floral except for some few habanos ( and the Lakeland are sauced so it doesn't count)

23 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

You must have some solid connections since the Perlas was a 2012 release. :P

There's a guy I met in Santa Clara, in Cuba. His uncle works in the factory and.... you know...

?

Kidding @crking3 , I'm sure it's a mistake or typo.

Not like my glasstop 'didos.

• Like 1

Rafael Gonzalez PC

Fonseca no 1

LGC MdO 4

Partagas Chicos

Illusione mk

RyJ sometimes surprise me with shots of flowers.  It happens sporadically - sometimes even as a fleeting theme in random RASS