Cigars with your perfect wrapper: Comp

Your preference. Your pick. Post it up. 

You may prefer dark, you may prefer light, you may prefer dead set in between......but you know what you like in each cigar. 

Have a search and post up your preference. You can post up to a dozen cigar pics. 

The most popular pic receives a sampler from myself.  All pics also go into the draw for another sampler. 

However, you must let us know why you like that wrapper on that cigar. 

We will close this off come Monday ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1970s corojo.

This box of Mag 56 is about spot on. Nice sheen, on the darker side and even the cats are impressed.  I took one to Havana this last trip and it was my favorite smoke. It has that rich, Upmann flavor

PSP monte pe. Chocolate heaven. I'm out of town and deleted my actual pic, but they are identical to the 2424 posting pictures below. 65601fd3aaa9495148ad40a30a6c3679.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Dang.. a contest I cannot participate in.. :D

I'm like the blind man who didn't really care what the wrapper looked like. Hand me a stick that contains simply legendary tobacco.. My mind clears like the perfect smell of air on the perfect temp day with the perfect, slightly firmer than light breeze blowing right in my face, hair waving, trees swaying harmonious and then eyes close like an autonomic function just to  elevate and sense the miracle of this next heartbeat.  

The legendary tobacco transcends the wrapper and while doing so, trips all of the cognitive switches that scream quality, experience, artisanship, and the dynasty of skill passed down since the natives roamed the Viñales Valley floor... The soft hands of the roller ever present in this concerto, playing his or her part masterfully. My eyes closed, I taste the full spectrum of what's possible within. Everything in check, perfect balance, oh those cedar wood notes, chocolates, sweet creams, coffee's, espresso's, vegetal notes, citrus, florals, hell.... pancakes. That bready sweetness.

Inhale... [seems like an eternity in this moment]

retrohale... [yet another eternity...]

the moment... 

The best company in the world with me (you, me, my friends, my family, new friends curious about the rough journey of the next heartbeat), a glass of their very favorite drink next to each... my eyes open and slip naturally into meaningful conversation, sharing that brotherhood currency of humanity. Each person growing closer while the white wisps lustfully claw their way to the sky looking back at the crumpling edge of the smoldering wrapper satisfied as it dissipates... Cigar coning perfectly as the ligero burns ever so slightly slower, expertly placed right in the middle. I'm tasting art.. The pedigree escapes me, the sultry skin is forgotten to my eyes, known only to my fingers. It's delicate, I treat it as such. I find my existential questions answered momentarily, in this moment I need nothing else. 

"We do not want merely to see beauty... we want something else which can hardly be put into words- to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it.” CS Lewis 

(so sorry.. no photos..)

• Like 2

I like the RyJ Churchill line in the light wrapper.

Reference: the Obsolete designation of any shade of light wrapper-«CCC», this abbreviation of Claro-claro/Claro/ Claro-Colorado, is found even now on the boxes Por Larranga. Previously, to grow and ferment to get a Claro wrapper was a rarity for Cuban cigars, so it was considered more noble and highly valued. The most favorite cigar for me at the series RyJ Churchills - Wide Churchills. With a light wrapper, this cigar was presented at the HSA presentation http://www.habanos.com/en/noticias/wide-churchills-un-nuevo-churchill-para-romeo-y-julieta/?age-verified=8522280844

It was with a light wrapper that I tried it for the first time and for me it was like a first love, I remembered it for a lifetime. It is a light wrapper I choose if the box is opened.

Why? At First, my preferences are important: I smoke more light wrapper of any cigars, Maduro also smoke, but less. Why? Well first the proportion of dark wrappers for CC is less than CCC wrappers. Dark wrapper gives a strong taste, which stands out among the other components of the taste. Light wrapper for RuJ WC gives me a gentle balanced taste, in the terminology of wine sommeliers-ROUNDED taste, this is when all the components of the taste are in the same intensity and do not stand out among others. Rounded taste in most cases have LE cigars and it is considered the highest art of the ligador - to create a mixture with a rounded balanced taste. Does this mean my opinion is that the dark wrapper makes RyJ WC cigar preferable? No! You can compare it like: I want to eat a cake or I want to eat a steak on coals with black pepper.

It is a great success and specificity Of Cuban cigars that they can have different taste. At the same time, we are given the opportunity to use aging and make the taste of the dark wrapper balanced and rounded!

I apologize in advance for my English - my native language is different.

At this photo I put in a box near 5/5 RyJ WC with different wrapper:

b14db4ccc448dca393b0e2a274e0d480.jpg

The process of Smoking different RyJ WC:

2e2dabc94b275fa64b9cdc1b98502f04.jpg

29eb88a8cc981576ad994fc4426d1a22.jpg

Wrapper color reference:

57ffaef03fa1d1aeb7f339e0dda85cf0.jpg

P.S. Surprising coincidence: today 24: 24 has in stock Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill in a wrapper closer to the color of Colorado, but I assume that the tastes of "Toasted tobacco, cherries" will not be as strong as the darker wrappers, I recommend trying to smoke them

816a02d4d3e94db002b3518bc434ae41.jpg

PSP PLPC’s!

Long live King Rob! First of his name!

652ab9ff32c2a0137f1ac1d278fa6d13.jpg

Ummmm, can I perhaps sample one of those. I'm sure I could find something of equal interest....

This thread has the potential to fill people's inboxes with lots of requests haha. I know I'm already guilty and we're only a few hours in haha

People should also clarify whether or not their boxes have been drooled on/licked prior to the pictures being taken. Wow some stunning, stunning wrappers here so far. My knowledge of what's actually possible in a wrapper has expanded exponentially...

5 hours ago, Wilzc said:

eb33e7bc272726af344f77875658129f.jpg

Vaseline? That's oiler than duck squat!

2003 Don Alejandro with perfect wrappers  

The Rosado going on Maduro wrapper is visually stunning and paires well with the fantastic mellow blend of cacao, black coffee, caramel, pepper and earthiness of this cigar.

I consider myself lucky to have these monumental sticks in my collection.

33EF41A5-C660-437E-B5CA-D41554E2B68E.jpeg

• Like 4