New smoker...for meats

I use a pellet smoker too but I will be the first to admit its cheating. I have a yoder. They're hard to find but are large and use really thick steel so temp fluctuations arent a problem.

As a side you got robbed on your beef ribs. This is common. You have to find a quality butcher that knows the difference. Most places cut the meat off the top. You want good plate ribs. 3 rib plate preferred (ribs 5 through 8 ) over 4 rib plate (ribs 9-12)

20190704_075130.jpg

16793263687_6f1c984621_o.thumb.jpg.60fbc8285b228bea9831f5e97a2e4111.jpg

Here is my little smoker. 3 full racks or ribs, 2 pork butts, 4 chickens (two out of the shot), and a wet brown sugar cured loin for some bacon plus some scraps for sampling :D

I am planning a 2nd rack, dedicated fire box and a shielded gas burner for better heat control, but it gets it done as it is. It is on a trailer with a gas burner on the back side.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Oh man, I just started looking at their website and now I’m drooling/dreaming...

Get a big bucket! It's nearly a three-year wait for anything beyond a new 24x36 they introduced. Great product, though. The welding and attention to detail are top notch. Even where customers normally wouldn't look (interior welds, e.t.c.)