Custom rolls limits?

GotaCohiba

The official limit (as official as anything in Cuba is) is 20 and I hear people on occasion have cigars confiscated if above that. I normally bring 50-100 and have never had a problem. I put all boxes in my carry on and split the customs between carry on and a checked bag. They normally focus on the boxes in my carry on and I show them the facturas. This seems to keep there attention off the customs. I think if you have all your customs together whether in your carry on or checked bag it is much more likely to get there attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just thinking that if they are coming from the shops the government is getting their cut and hopefully wouldn’t care

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to matter but like I said a couple of weeks ago problem for me. I also tend to keep some of the rollers cards with me in case they start asking questions. That has helped me in past trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twenty seems to be the official limit, but from what I can glean from all I've read here on these forums, it all depends on which customs port you go through and which agents you are inspected by.  I read a post yesterday that said he just came through customs at Varadero, I think it was, and they confiscated five bundles of customs because he was over the limit of twenty.  That almost made me throw up.

My wife and I went through customs at the cruise terminal in June with five bundles and a couple of regular production boxes (which I bought primarily for the purpose of having some facturas to show the agents).  I had receipts for each of the bundles of custom rolls as well as the rollers' cards.  The agents inspected the bags, briefly tried to figure out which bundle/box went with which receipt/factura, and sent us on through.

I think @LLC's advice is spot on, especially if you're traveling through customs at one of the airports.  I think the key advice is to put as much as you can in your checked luggage and have receipts and facturas for all cigars.  And pray.