Online Dating Sites?

I think dating sites are good for a specific requirement. For example a Muslim guy looking for a Muslim girl in Australia. I did meet a few women through that but not my (current) wife .

It’s definitely a good thing for ken. You’ll be surprised how many hits you’d get with “fumbling idiot Aussie bloke looking for love”

Just read the fine print ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...now I’ve been drinking here, so sit back. ??  In late 2007, work consumed my life. I also traveled a lot globally in O&G.   My social life went into the shitter.  Soooooo, I jumped on Matc

you must really need to earn some major brownie points if you are sprouting crap like that.  and why on earth did you follow it with a sperm coming out of your bum aimed at a blue moon? seriously

A funny one that was sent to me recently. "Tinder is for rookies. Go to Facebook Marketplace and search for wedding dresses. It'll show you recently divorced females in your area. From there you

Been newly single past year and dating here is pretty difficult. Surprisingly haven’t had too many issues with the cigar smoking thing, seems reasonably acceptable occasionally in North America. Did not disclose upfront but made apparent reasonably quickly. 

My freshly ex girlfriend was a mad vaper so maybe why. 

Did meet one girl I took to a great restaurant only to discover she was vegan (undisclosed). I’m still wondering how she enjoyed the salad.

2 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

Did meet one girl I took to a great restaurant only to discover she was vegan (undisclosed). I’m still wondering how she enjoyed the salad.

Going out with a vegan is hardly the end of the world.  As long as she's not on your case about not being one or wants everyone to part the sea for her lifestyle.  Most vegans know they are slim minority and don't ask everyone to accommodate them.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:36 PM, MoeFOH said:

Yep. Did RSVP years ago, after the 1st wife. And it was before the Tinder revolution... sadly, missed the boat on that one ; ) 

On and off, mostly "good" experiences. Probably the worst experience was the ex-wife coming up in one of my searches once... at least I think it was her, as her profile showed her as 4 years younger than she actually was...  :rotfl:

I'm like 6 months out of a 12 year relationship. 

Not quite ready to dive in yet, but I signed up to a few just to see what was going on nowadays.

First look at Tinder, my sister came up..... ?

Also, as I said I'm just kinda looking at people, but one thing drove me insane.

People, women* in my case, who express profound disdain or outright hostility to the idea that someone would be looking for a one night stand on tinder.

I'm certainly not judging either way. People want what they want and if you're looking for something serious it certainly is good that you say it in your profile.

But you don't have to say like :"Filthy bunch of subhuman degenerates who are just looking for sex, you can rot in hell with your mother and swipe left."

I mean, calm down. You're on Tinder. Some people are just looking for no strings attached sex. It's not a personal attack.

*Not all women are like that either, just saying.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Please tell me you've confronted her about it hahahaha 

I mean... we went on a few dates.....

But seriously? I waited until we were all together with our brothers, and waited until the conversation lent itself to quoting a sentence of her profile... pretty proud of my patience on that one. Her face going from laughing, to confusion, to realization was priceless!?

It was all good natured though. Not mean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Duxnutz said:

We should totally have an FOH personals section.

I don't have the stats to back me up, but given what I think the membership looks like in terms of gender, I feel like one particular demographic/preference will be overserved, while the rest might find themselves dry.

?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I met my boyfriend on pof almost a year ago. I was skeptical of online dating at first, but we are still going strong. I'm glad I took the chance on getting to know him. Best decision I made even tho you have to rule the crazy ones out.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm registered on all of the free ones.  I have a girlfriend though so I rarely browse.  I've never actually hooked up with anybody though one, but mostly because the women that contacted me (while I was single) were all 10 years older than I was (not that I care all that much, but half of them reminded me of woodsier versions of my mother).  And, yes, I definitely disclose my cigar smoking.  Not sure if it would be on the top of my 'about me', but some of them ask if you're a smoker (cigs: no; cigars: yes; vapor: no comment)

Met my ex and current girlfriend on Match. Free ones kinda sucked. 

I never disclosed I smoke cigars as it ended the convo too often and they'd find out eventually anyways. Past ex hated smoking of any kind...well by the time we split she was smoking half my stash...she went full bore daily smoker with me! Go figure. Current girlfriend is highly tolerant of cigars and told me when I asked she wouldn't have gone on that first date if I disclosed up front...idk..women are complicated sometimes 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2018 at 5:51 PM, El Presidente said:

Have you? Would you? do you know a mate who has? - Yes, my wife of 10 years!

Experiences good and bad?  can you share" :D Well, after I got through with all the hotties from nigeria trying to give me money....

Pitfalls, upsides, how much do people lie?  Yes, people lie.

Would you recommend them for Ken?  :thinking:   Well, there's a saying "on the internet, no one knows you're a dog"  (joking!!!!)

...I tried yesterday to sign him up for grinder but he cottoned on. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

About 16 years ago when dating sites first became a thing, i decided to give it a shot seeing as i just wasn't into going out anymore. I started at clubs/bars at an early age (16) so by the time i was in my late 20s i was just fed up. Essentially, i met a woman who i eventually married, we're 13 years into our marriage and have two beautiful young girls. 

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I love online dating, espesially this best gay hookup apps;

Many stories; maybe I'll share sometime! 

To the people asking 'why'? It's easy; it's quick and you can talk to many different types of girls, without any consequence; You don't want to worry about making the first approach, or not being able to hear them in a loud pub/club etc.

I've been on and off the things since match.com was a 32 line BBS called matchmaker. Hint: that's over 34 years (and technically I've been online via BBSes since 1982).

I digress. Back when we couldn't see photos really so we had to grow personalities. Who had scanners? Further, everyone you met had to have some degree of computer knowledge as you had to type out the command line for your modem to dial out. ATDT...

Anyway, most of these groups would meet in hotel bars and clubs once a week. Friday or Saturday. I, being young still, was horrified. They reminded me of trekkie conventions comprised of elder fisher people. Fisher people being the folks I grew up around after moving to the gulf coast in texas. Abusive, broke, lacking any fashion sense. That's just the guys. The women were almost exclusively into some kink or another and dressed in the worst ways. Sometimes in tame fetish gear. Oh and the touching. Naturally, I tried to avoid the mainstream meetups.

For folks my age the meetings were usually at a tame club. Not very many attractive folks. Lots of gossip and sex in the parking lot.

As time went on and online dating really started to appeal to the post AT&T/1994 80million internet blitz, things changed. Photos. Less emphasis on bio and content. Always the meat market.

I used them off and on depending on where I was in the world. Back then I was still young, full head of hair, nice body, and a gregarious personality. So meeting women in the real world was cake. Don't get me started on Sud Tyrol and spain. To be young again.

Eventually age and work took most of my time, so I'd cast a line out there and see what I'd get. Most of it bad. The problem with dating sites these days is that they accurately represent a good portion of any region. Once it was intelligent people, now it's mostly trashy folks preening for each other. Of course I have a huge disdain for society and now live in a desert. Go figure.

It's great in a sense because we can see the bull crap directly. People saying they don't play games and are honest, but wear a ton of make up and take photos over their head aiming down to hide their imperfections. People not being honest about what they're after, much less being self reflective about who they even are.

It's a mess. And the modern dating sites make me feel like Holden Caulfield. 

I have a much younger girlfriend now. We've been together 3 years. We met online. She has a genuine thing for older men, even if she is half my age. But we're open, and I keep a few profiles going. In each I put I smoke cigars. No reason to hide or change at my age. 

5 hours ago, dunhamrocco said:

I love online dating;

Many stories; maybe I'll share sometime! 

To the people asking 'why'? It's easy; it's quick and you can talk to many different types of girls, without any consequence; You don't want to worry about making the first approach, or not being able to hear them in a loud pub/club etc.

Please, share!

I have many tales over the decades. My favorite are from about 20 years ago.  I love hearing horror stories.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2018 at 7:28 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

Going out with a vegan is hardly the end of the world.  As long as she's not on your case about not being one or wants everyone to part the sea for her lifestyle.  Most vegans know they are slim minority and don't ask everyone to accommodate them.

I went out with someone from Aldeberan for a while. It was interesting but in the end I decided to stick to carbon-based life forms.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I once went to a speed dating session at a Star Wars convention. Turns out I was looking for love in Alderaan places.

Groan GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1