Hola from Canada..

Cubanoisbest

Hola mi amigos!

I'm new here. Though I've been reading this forum for well over a year. I must say a general thank you to all the advice given here. If it wasnt for some posts I would have never made it to my second wineador! Just like the warnings, once you start you always go bigger! 

I'm currently working on seasoning my second wineador. This one is much more complicated. It is compressor run, so I've made modifications to make it a running sealed unit. I currently have my RH to a 68% struggling for the 70-72% I've been striving. Racking my brain and reading, noting is coming to me. So patience and time is what I'm hoping. 

Just again, a thank you to all the helpful enthusiasts out there. You keep hope alive!

4 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

If you have NC cigars, 68-72 might be ok, but if you have CCs in there, I would strive for 58-63% RH. 68+ is a bit too high, and you will notice it when smoking the CCs, or attempting I should say.

Thanks! ??

My smaller wineador currently houses 90% my stock. With 95% being CC's. It's currently at 70-72% RH. 

Thanks for the tip. Definatly going to start more reading and hopefully not much more trial and error. 

Welcome!  Agree with all the above.  I aim for 63 for my cc stash and 68 for nc, but everyone's preferences vary.  I moved on for my wineador (ran out of room), but I struggled with humidity fluctuations especially after opening the door on a hot day.  I found adding heartfelt beads really helped absorb excess moisture and help stability.  Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hola from La Paz, MX! Bud, I use 62 RH bovedas in my tupperdor to keep RH close to 62, getting 63 or so. What a big difference in the taste, you'll be much more aware of the flavors of each CC. Try it, should work. :2thumbs: